Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pittsburgh 31 Cleveland 28

Featured Replies

What they needed was a Left Tackle. It was their most glaring need, and they went out and filled it with a guy who I expect to make many many Pro Bowls. You can't ask for them to do any better.

 

Well said. :thumb:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What they needed was a Left Tackle. It was their most glaring need, and they went out and filled it with a guy who I expect to make many many Pro Bowls. You can't ask for them to do any better.

 

No I understand what your saying but they signed Jamal Lewis to a 1 year deal.... you dont think a RB is going to be addressed soon?

What they needed was a Left Tackle. It was their most glaring need, and they went out and filled it with a guy who I expect to make many many Pro Bowls. You can't ask for them to do any better.

 

No I understand what your saying but they signed Jamal Lewis to a 1 year deal.... you dont think a RB is going to be addressed soon?

 

If anything US Bengal fans are thanking Cleveland.... he might rush for 400 yards against us.. twice in a year!

No I understand what your saying but they signed Jamal Lewis to a 1 year deal.... you dont think a RB is going to be addressed soon?

 

Sure it will be, but you go with your biggest need at the moment. As you said they signed Lewis for this year, and now that they have a solid O-line, you worry about the RB. You may not find another Peterson, but with a solid line you can get great production out of just a good back.

Sure it will be, but you go with your biggest need at the moment. As you said they signed Lewis for this year, and now that they have a solid O-line, you worry about the RB. You may not find another Peterson, but with a solid line you can get great production out of just a good back.

 

Ala Rudi Johnson.

Ala Rudi Johnson.

 

Exactly who I was thinking of....:thumb:

Sure it will be, but you go with your biggest need at the moment. As you said they signed Lewis for this year, and now that they have a solid O-line, you worry about the RB. You may not find another Peterson, but with a solid line you can get great production out of just a good back.

 

I just look at it like.... Peterson might be an Emmitt Smith and Quinn... IF HE PROVES himself.... might be an Aikman... they had the chance to get them on the same team... I woldnt have passed on that.

I just look at it like.... Peterson might be an Emmitt Smith and Quinn... IF HE PROVES himself.... might be an Aikman... they had the chance to get them on the same team... I woldnt have passed on that.

 

When they made their first pick they had no idea Quinn would fall into their laps though, but I see what you're saying.

When they made their first pick they had no idea Quinn would fall into their laps though, but I see what you're saying.

 

You are also very right..... heck they did of good job of at least getting Quinn.

 

I think the only reason they didnt take AP was cause of the collarbone.

Yeah, but Browns fans saw what happened last time we took a "franchise" qb but did not have a line. You absolutely must build a line first and foremost. No exceptions. How do you think Aikman and Smith would have done without a good line blocking for them?

Yeah, but Browns fans saw what happened last time we took a "franchise" qb but did not have a line. You absolutely must build a line first and foremost. No exceptions. How do you think Aikman and Smith would have done without a good line blocking for them?

 

Thats a valid argument, I guess you hope they draft a few in later rounds and sign some in free agency.

Thats a valid argument, I guess you hope they draft a few in later rounds and sign some in free agency.

 

Obviously it's going to need to be addressed. But I truly feel there are enough more than capable backs in the NFL (provided you have a good line to block for them) that the Browns should be able to find someone. Whether it be by draft or free agency, I feel confident that they will bring in the right person.

 

Do you think teams like Denver and Pittsburgh just get lucky that they keep finding great RB's? I think it's as much based on their line play and coaching as anything.

Obviously it's going to need to be addressed. But I truly feel there are enough more than capable backs in the NFL (provided you have a good line to block for them) that the Browns should be able to find someone. Whether it be by draft or free agency, I feel confident that they will bring in the right person.

 

Do you think teams like Denver and Pittsburgh just get lucky that they keep finding great RB's? I think it's as much based on their line play and coaching as anything.

 

The last thing I worry about from year to year is who will be the feature back for the Steelers. I don't know why other people have such a hard time understanding that RBs are a dime a dozen. Sure, Peterson (a legit one in a 100 kind of guy) has proven to be a dandy, but I'm not going to mortgage my draft and perhaps several years of success on the hopes that I draft the next all-world back when you consider the shelf-life of NFL backs.

 

I love Willie Parker to death, but in three years he'll be gone.

3rd down killed the Browns today. Once they fill some gaps in the defense and are able to keep offenses off the field then I look for some great things to happen. Offense still needs to be more aggressive and play to win instead of not to lose. Thats what happened today. I was dissapointed but glad of the effort.

 

Now lets go beat Baltimore, GO BROWNS!!!!!!

3rd down killed the Browns today. Once they fill some gaps in the defense and are able to keep offenses off the field then I look for some great things to happen. Offense still needs to be more aggressive and play to win instead of not to lose. Thats what happened today. I was dissapointed but glad of the effort.

 

Now lets go beat Baltimore, GO BROWNS!!!!!!

 

Defensively, the New Browns are on their way. Their front line owned the line of scrimmage. And while Parker went for 100+, it seemed like 5 of every 6 runs was for two yards or less. He had to grind to get his yards.

 

Bottom line: Long term, Cleveland concerns me far more than any of the other dregs in the AFC Central.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.