Chris Chambers to San Diego

5wide

Chambers hasn't had a QB for how long? I think that there is a distinct possibility that he will flourish with one that can get him the football. LT will be tickled not to have 8 in the box if I'm right. And maybe Brohm will fall to the late 2nd round and Miami can take him! Kidding of course. Please UofL fans, relax.

I wonder if the Bengals made any attempt to trade for a linebacker before the deadline? I know it is against the way they do things in Cincy, but it seems like we are desperate for healthy bodies at lb and if we are going to salvage the season it might have been worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Is there anybody out there available that could come in here and help out immediately? That I don't know...

Five years ago...this would have been a steal for SD. Presently, I think chambers may be headed into the latter part of his career. He may add something fresh to the team but IMO wont make a huge impact.

That's how I feel. I think San Diego will win the west (I know, I know...I didn't think that when the season started, but I expected Denver to be better...oops:D)...anyway, I think they'll win the west, probably win a playoff game and then lose @ Indy or NE. IMO, that's exactly what they'd have done without Chambers.

Second round picks often become very productive NFL players. Ultimately, I don't think this will be worth giving up a 2nd rounder...giving up a guy who'd be 6 or 7 years younger than Chambers, and possibly better.

Which makes me think of this...New England got Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. I know it's unrelated, but it's amazing. Probably the second best trade in NFL history, behind the Herschel Walker trade.