Casey Co. 16 Bracken Co. 7

greeny94

If all of the Polar Bears would learn how to stick people like the Scott kid, they could have probably won this game and been in many others. Football is a contact sport young fellows. Want to congratulate the middle schoolers on their season ending victory over Eminence and I believe a 7-4 record, good job and please continue to play all sports at Bracken. That's the only way a small school can achieve any kind of success

If all of the Polar Bears would learn how to stick people like the Scott kid, they could have probably won this game and been in many others. Football is a contact sport young fellows. Want to congratulate the middle schoolers on their season ending victory over Eminence and I believe a 7-4 record, good job and please continue to play all sports at Bracken. That's the only way a small school can achieve any kind of success

The Breeze kid made too many tackles at corner for this team to be successful also. A little imagination inplay calling would also help this team.

The Breeze kid made too many tackles at corner for this team to be successful also. A little imagination inplay calling would also help this team.

Do they have the players to open up the offense like Lewis County is doing? Lewis only dresses 22 players, but they are throwing the ball all over the field. They know chances are they will get blown out,but are making things fun for the kids and the fans. I believe Breeze and Scott are the only kids on the squad that have played football since 5th grade(at least) and it shows(especially in tackling)

Do they have the players to open up the offense like Lewis County is doing? Lewis only dresses 22 players, but they are throwing the ball all over the field. They know chances are they will get blown out,but are making things fun for the kids and the fans. I believe Breeze and Scott are the only kids on the squad that have played football since 5th grade(at least) and it shows(especially in tackling)

I would say from what I seen no. Lewis will probably wear them out by throwing because BC has a freshman at safety and the other corner #28 (Budd I think) struggles at his position. Unless Bracken can put some pressure on the Lewis QB they will be throwing all night long.

Yes congratulations to the Bracken Middle School Program I heard both 5/6 and 7/8 had winning seasons. Looks like Coach Faust is doing a good job at building his feeder program. I heard the 5/6 graders played with the Mason Co teams and played well. Bracken may have something going right for them now as long as the parents dont start jumping in and ruin it for them. A little success will bring people out of the woodwork with bigger and better plans for the program instead of just keeping it simple and building it.

Yes congratulations to the Bracken Middle School Program I heard both 5/6 and 7/8 had winning seasons. Looks like Coach Faust is doing a good job at building his feeder program. I heard the 5/6 graders played with the Mason Co teams and played well. Bracken may have something going right for them now as long as the parents dont start jumping in and ruin it for them. A little success will bring people out of the woodwork with bigger and better plans for the program instead of just keeping it simple and building it.

Bracken is moving forward and I like what I've seen in the support of their younger teams. I wish them the best of luck ! Football is great for any community.

But, comparing them to Mason teams at the 5/6 grade programs ?

Mason split its squads into 5 teams with 14 player per team, and several 4th graders perteam included in the 14 players per team . Also each player must start and play a majority of the snaps on at least 1 side of the ball regardless of talent and experience.

Bracken is moving forward and I like what I've seen in the support of their younger teams. I wish them the best of luck ! Football is great for any community.

But, comparing them to Mason teams at the 5/6 grade programs ?

Mason split its squads into 5 teams with 14 player per team, and several 4th graders perteam included in the 14 players per team . Also each player must start and play a majority of the snaps on at least 1 side of the ball regardless of talent and experience.

I agree, congratulations, but lets come down to Earth a little. As you stated, Mason's teams were split with 4th graders on teams also and the Middle School record is a little deceiving because Bracken's wins over Mason, Campbell and Newport were against those teams 7th graders only and some 6th graders playing up. I believe real good 7th graders at schools like those can play up for the 8th grade which would make the 7th grade that much weaker. Congratulations for the success as those kids have only played football organized for 2 years now. Bracken has got to get those 3rd and 4th graders in pads. Big time schools pad and helmet the second graders. Flag football is like tee ball.

I agree, congratulations, but lets come down to Earth a little. As you stated, Mason's teams were split with 4th graders on teams also and the Middle School record is a little deceiving because Bracken's wins over Mason, Campbell and Newport were against those teams 7th graders only and some 6th graders playing up. I believe real good 7th graders at schools like those can play up for the 8th grade which would make the 7th grade that much weaker. Congratulations for the success as those kids have only played football organized for 2 years now. Bracken has got to get those 3rd and 4th graders in pads. Big time schools pad and helmet the second graders. Flag football is like tee ball.

Its a shame if they did only play 7th grade teams. I would think the coach would want to play a competative schedule of somekind. Of course they are a 7/8 grade team so maybe thats ok. I was at Bracken and Casey Co game and the annoucer there said that they had a good season but i didnt hear anything from the people about only playing 7 grade teams. Can Bracken Co really afford padding up 2nd,3rd and 4th graders? Where will the coaches come from?? I thought they were short on coaches already.