Breathitt County/LCA predictions

Guest Bluto

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This one definitiely has my interest peaked, Breathitt is a big question mark with the schedule they have played. LCA can expect a very balanced offense (could be dangerous because they will remind you of Corbin) and a defense that is undersized but very aggressive.

I think comparing Corbin and Breathitt is like comparing peaches and apples. They are both good but they are different. Corbin demoralizes you by beating you up with the run. Breathitt throws it more often and are in the shotgun most of the time because they want to be.

I think comparing Corbin and Breathitt is like comparing peaches and apples. They are both good but they are different. Corbin demoralizes you by beating you up with the run. Breathitt throws it more often and are in the shotgun most of the time because they want to be.

Not so much this year as in years past. Breathitt was averaging about 20 passes per game through the first 5 games, but I bet at least 5-7 of those passes a game were 3 yard shovel passes. They are running it a lot more than in years past.

I think this will be a hard-fought game, and LCA will have to "bring it" for them to win. But if they do, then I think LCA will come out on top.

Is the game in Breathitt or Lex? If in the mountains, there will be a slim chance for LCA unless Breathitt turns the ball over (which doesn't happen often). Watch for frustrations by LCA as the Bobcat O-line has a lovefest with the LCA "D". They'll hug them all night and the striped shirt guys will think they are just being friendly. I've seen many games and scrimmages there and it is a tough place to get a win if your an outsider.:irked: Good luck to both teams and it should be a good game to watch.

This team is good, but they will not win the state championship IMO, and this is coming from someone who won a state championship at Breathitt (2002). I am in no way knocking these young men, they have worked their butts off, but going back to 1995 when Breathitt Co. won their first state championship, this team couldn't hold a candle to any team from 95-02. After '02, they would be able to compete but the only team I could see them beating would be Breathitt '05. The 95, 96, 97 (IMO the Best Breathitt team ever), 98, and 02 squads all had D-1 talent and would trounce this team. But none of that matters because they are playing in the here and now. They will do very well this year, if they win tonight I could see them going 12-1 or MAYBE 13-1. I think they get beat by Belfry when and if they meet.