South Laurel Football

Athlete7

I think he's a good coach personally. I like the style of offense they run but they have Ricky Bowling who is an awesome QB that allows them to run and pass the way they do. As for is he winning enough for the people in London...well, thats another story. If South looks across the county, they've gotta think they've got it a little better right now.

A lot of the alumni and players parents I know aren't real happy with the program right now, but they aren't the ones that make the decisions on these things.

The school has won one playoff game since 2000(in the second round that year they were beat 60-18), so what do they expect at South Laurel? They have had one good team in 1999 (thanks to Neil Warren) and since then havent really done anything.

Also, I think that overall their district is tougher this year than it has been in years past when they were playing in the Mountain 4A district.

A lot of the alumni and players parents I know aren't real happy with the program right now, but they aren't the ones that make the decisions on these things.

Ususally the alumni and the parents that are upset, have son's on the team who probably don't play as much as mommy and daddy think they should.

I have no proverbial dog in the fight, so you are probably right, but that said, sometimes it depends on which "mommy and daddy" are upset. Some have pull, others do not. THAT you have to admit.

True, I saw a form of that concerning the Baseball team a few years ago--

The school has won one playoff game since 2000(in the second round that year they were beat 60-18), so what do they expect at South Laurel? They have had one good team in 1999 (thanks to Neil Warren) and since then havent really done anything.

Also, I think that overall their district is tougher this year than it has been in years past when they were playing in the Mountain 4A district.

Jep had the program turning the corner. They were tied for the district title with only one loss to Madison Central in his last year AND won the 1 playoff game you are referring to. Ironically, North Laurel was the only team in the district to beat MC in a 4 year span and that was the year.

I think he's a good coach personally. I like the style of offense they run but they have Ricky Bowling who is an awesome QB that allows them to run and pass the way they do. As for is he winning enough for the people in London...well, thats another story. If South looks across the county, they've gotta think they've got it a little better right now.

They didn't at this time last year.