Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Independent's Super 7 (Week 7)

Featured Replies

As much as I love Russell (and Raceland), I think one loss JC is better this season. They should still be #1. Of course it doesn't really matter what I think! LOL! :D

Wow...

 

They really slammed Paintsville for the loss to P-burg. :sssh:

Not caring who is ranked where, it shocks me to see the combined Win/Loss Record for the "Super 7" is 22-17. Take Russell and JC out of the mix, and teams 3-7 are a combined 12-16. Makes our area look weak this year.

Not caring who is ranked where, it shocks me to see the combined Win/Loss Record for the "Super 7" is 22-17. Take Russell and JC out of the mix, and teams 3-7 are a combined 12-16. Makes our area look weak this year.

 

It is weak this year....and JC is better than Russell.

 

 

I still can't figure how you guys put JC in the Ashland Super 7

  • Author
It is weak this year....and JC is better than Russell.

 

 

I still can't figure how you guys put JC in the Ashland Super 7

 

It's not the "Ashland Super 7", it's the "North-Eastern Kentucky Super 7", convering: Greenup Co, Boyd Co, Lewis Co, Carter Co, Lawrence Co, Johnson Co, Elliot Co, Morgan Co, and Rowan Co.

As much as I love Russell (and Raceland), I think one loss JC is better this season. They should still be #1. Of course it doesn't really matter what I think! LOL! :D

 

I would agree that JC with who they lost to should still be number one. Now if Russell knocks off Mason County I think Russell should be number one. IMO Mason County is the real deal. They just might be in Louisville come December. You never know until the game is played.

Ashland at #5??? Their one win was against a winless team and had to come from behind and get it in overtime. All he paper does when they pull stuff like this is confirm what everyone (not from Ashland) already thinks about them. I guess East Carter's win over the #3 team counts less than Ashland's win over Boyd.

Ashland at #5??? Their one win was against a winless team and had to come from behind and get it in overtime. All he paper does when they pull stuff like this is confirm what everyone (not from Ashland) already thinks about them. I guess East Carter's win over the #3 team counts less than Ashland's win over Boyd.

 

I agree thats a sad statement, Ashland is below average period.

Ashland at #5??? Their one win was against a winless team and had to come from behind and get it in overtime. All he paper does when they pull stuff like this is confirm what everyone (not from Ashland) already thinks about them. I guess East Carter's win over the #3 team counts less than Ashland's win over Boyd.

 

What amazed me is they jumped past East Carter who has two wins under their belt.

I agree with kyball and yahoo! Its stuff like this that makes it easy to explain why so many people do not subscribe to the "ASHLAND" Independent. And yes, I know some Ashland sympathizer will remind me that its just "The Independent". However, it means something when coaches and the young men playing earn a position of ranking rather than have it handed to them on a silver, I mean, PAPER platter.

Ashland deserves a top 7 ranking because of their schedule and the closeness of their losses to a couple of good teams (Russell and Montgomery County). The Daily Independent was just waiting for Paintsville to lose to make room for the Tomcats following their first win. If Boyd County had won, Lawrence may have climbed into the rankings instead.

 

Everybody knew that Paintsville had probably won its last season of the regular season before playing Prestonsburg, so the Tigers dropping out of the rankings should be no surprise.

Ashland deserves a top 7 ranking because of their schedule and the closeness of their losses to a couple of good teams (Russell and Montgomery County). The Daily Independent was just waiting for Paintsville to lose to make room for the Tomcats following their first win. If Boyd County had won, Lawrence may have climbed into the rankings instead.

 

Everybody knew that Paintsville had probably won its last season of the regular season before playing Prestonsburg, so the Tigers dropping out of the rankings should be no surprise.

 

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. Ashland is a rich tradition program and just because of their schedule they should be in the top 7. They are not very good this season I see them getting 4th after beating Bryan Station and playing Woodford again, I am sure they will look forward that one. :eek:

JMO but in no way should Russell be ahead of JCHS. This is going on records alone it looks like and you cannot always do that. That is not a slam on Russell just that JCHS imo is much better than anyone in this area. Russell is a solid #2 right now and JC should be at the top spot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.