Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region

Featured Replies

I have never understood why the KHSAA separated North and South Laurel's high schools into different districts. I would think the Bullitt County schools are wondering the same thing, since they are all bunched together.

I have never understood why the KHSAA separated North and South Laurel's high schools into different districts. I would think the Bullitt County schools are wondering the same thing, since they are all bunched together.

 

It is done for the same reason St. X and Trinity are split in football on opposite sides of the state. $$$$$$$ is what drives most decisions made by the all knowing KHSAA.

 

In the original district layouts, Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg, and Lynn Camp were going to be a district, with Clay, North, South, and OBI in a district, There was much wailing and nashing of teeth on that one by several folks, not the least of which was in Manchester.

It is done for the same reason St. X and Trinity are split in football on opposite sides of the state. $$$$$$$ is what drives most decisions made by the all knowing KHSAA.

 

In the original district layouts, Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg, and Lynn Camp were going to be a district, with Clay, North, South, and OBI in a district, There was much wailing and nashing of teeth on that one by several folks, not the least of which was in Manchester.

 

That would make more sense.

Clay was in the 14th in the first plan I saw though.

Apex hit the nail on the head. Clay had the pull and Paula Goodin stuck the knife in Williamsburg's back.

Corbin will go as far as Mikkah Rogers takes them.

Apex hit the nail on the head. Clay had the pull and Paula Goodin stuck the knife in Williamsburg's back.

 

Actually her name is Daphne Goodin. I also think the addition of the Sears girl from E-town will help Wburg a great deal.

Actually her name is Daphne Goodin. I also think the addition of the Sears girl from E-town will help Wburg a great deal.

 

 

 

I think he was right the first time. Daphne Goodin used to coach, at Knox Central I think.

I think he was right the first time. Daphne Goodin used to coach, at Knox Central I think.

 

Exactly....Daphne Goodin from Pineville is on the Board now and has a vote.......I believe....someone correct me if I,m wrong

You are mistaken. Daphne Goodin is the KEA rep for Knox and Whitley County. She is a retired teacher and was a successful girls coach at Knox Central high school. Paula Goodin was on the board of control and is the Principal at Pineville High. I am not sure that she still holds a position with the KHSAA. That is a strong statement concerning her stance on the redistricting as well.

Exactly....Daphne Goodin from Pineville is on the Board now and has a vote.......I believe....someone correct me if I,m wrong

Her name is Paula Goodin, at least that's the name she ran under for the position. Maybe she is also known as Daphne, but if she is the principal at Pineville, then it's Paula Goodin.

Her name is Paula Goodin, at least that's the name she ran under for the position. Maybe she is also known as Daphne, but if she is the principal at Pineville, then it's Paula Goodin.

 

Sorry..had right person wrong name....I dont really know about what position she took

It is impossible to make everbody happy when you redistrict but Williamsburg was done no favors. 3 of the top 5 in the region have been from the 50th district the last couple of years. Its tough being the little guy in a tough district. Williamsburg can always look to the All A. It is my understanding that there is a movement to add bigger teams. With the privates and the field being expanded maybe this tourney isn't for the little guys anymore.

It is impossible to make everbody happy when you redistrict but Williamsburg was done no favors. 3 of the top 5 in the region have been from the 50th district the last couple of years. Its tough being the little guy in a tough district. Williamsburg can always look to the All A. It is my understanding that there is a movement to add bigger teams. With the privates and the field being expanded maybe this tourney isn't for the little guys anymore.

 

The 50th has 4 of the top 8 ranked teams in the region and the 49th has 3 of the top 8. That leaves 1 from the other 2 districts.

Paula Goodin. Yes a strong statement, but accurate. Having B'ville, Pineville, and Lynn camp (3 single A's) with Knox Central. Then having W'burg (only single A) with Whitley, Corbin, and South shows that to some its politics over kids.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.