Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region

Featured Replies

Will Clay Co be the team to beat once again??

 

Also who will be the major contenders..

 

Whitley Co

Jackson Co

Corbin

North

South will be in the mix as well.

  • Author

Yes I forgot about South they should have a good team.

Williamsburg had solid season last year and should be even better this year (had a very successful summer). The distrcit is so tough with Whitley, South, and Corbin, but they may be able to make a run in the All "A". It's just a shame what KHSAA did to them in them in the realignment.

Williamsburg doesn't have many options considering its location. The other possibility would have been a district with Whitley and the Laurels, or perhaps with Whitley, Knox Central and Barbourville.

I think this region will come down to Clay Co. and South Laurel...............On a side note, I was reading the Catspause Yearbook about the top rated players in the region and I really have a hard time believing that there are 10 better players in this region than Whitney Belle Jackson from Clay Co.

Lynn Camp, Knox Central, Pineville were all viable options for the Burg...

Lynn Camp, Knox Central, Pineville were all viable options for the Burg...

 

You couldn't move Barbourville out of the district to put Williamsburg in, and it would be difficult to move Williamsburg anywhere without Whitley.

I think this region will come down to Clay Co. and South Laurel...............On a side note, I was reading the Catspause Yearbook about the top rated players in the region and I really have a hard time believing that there are 10 better players in this region than Whitney Belle Jackson from Clay Co.

 

Clay's older girls got the votes, which is usually the way it works. Jackson is a tremendous talent though.

Is Stephanie Jackson even playing this year for Clay. And, Wombles rating is too low for her.

You couldn't move Barbourville out of the district to put Williamsburg in, and it would be difficult to move Williamsburg anywhere without Whitley.

 

 

I don't think Williamsburg has a real problem with playing Whitley, it's just the fact that a school as small as Williamsburg got stuck in a district with SL (Big 4a school, Whitley 4a and Corbin Big 2A) while over in the other District you have Lynn Camp 1A, B'ville 1A, Pineville 1A and Knox Central 3A (I think). Williamsburg beat Lynn Camp, Pineville & B'ville twice last year and yet did not get to advance to Region even though they were better than any of those 3 teams and possibly Knox Central. Districts seem just a little out of whack IMHO. Of course I don't like the way they have Basketball set up in this state anyway.

Is Stephanie Jackson even playing this year for Clay. And, Wombles rating is too low for her.

 

Stephanie Jackson is not playing this year and I agree about Wombles, she is one of the top two players in this region. Also I know that being a freshman probably gets Whitney Belle overlooked somewhat, but bottom line is that she is top 3-4 in the 13th. She will get plenty of recognition soon enough though................

I heard this summer she may not play, but it wasn't a sure thing at the time and she got the votes from last season's performance.

 

It's true that it's hard for a freshmen to get ranked, especially since she didn't have tremendous numbers, but I can't argue that she's among the best, talent wise. If I were starting a team and had everyone in the region to choose from, I'd probably pick her first because she is going to be a big-time player.

How can it be tough to split W'burg and Whitley but not tough to split North and South Laurel?

How can it be tough to split W'burg and Whitley but not tough to split North and South Laurel?

 

I have no explanation for that, but in all other cases schools like Whitley and Williamsburg are together, and I don't see how Williamsburg could fit in anywhere without Whitley.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.