W.Ky Small School Rankings - Wk 6 poll

just 4 fun

Let's hear it. As always, post your Top 10 rankings between now and Wed night 8:00 and I'll tally the results and have them out either Wed night late or Thurs morning...Here's mine:

1) Mayfield

2) Trigg Co

3) OB Catholic

4) Ft Campbell

5) Metcalfe Co

6) Russellville

7) Tilghman

8) Fulton City

9) Caldwell Co

10) Glasgow

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Trigg County

5. Russellville

6. Metcalfe County

7. Fulton City

8. Caldwell Co

9. McLean County

10. Glasgow

It's too bad Tilghman doesn't play a cake schedule and whip up on people. Amazing that's what it would take to get some respect from some of you guys.

Again, a loss on a last-minute field goal on the road to your #2 team and a competitive game against your #1 team, yet the Tornado doesn't warrant a top-10 vote. Unbelievable ...

I know we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, but PT hasen't beat anybody, they are 2-4! They can play every ranked team in the state and loose and that doesn't, IMO, make them a top ten team. Argue all you want, but I think they are overrated by many and I am not going to reduce the rank of teams like Fulton City, Caldwell Co, etc... because PT has lost to four good teams. Yes, FC beat PT on a last minute FG, but the fact is that FC won the game and in the end it is wins verses losses that count. Another factor is that two of PTs losses are to teams (FC and Mayfield) in lower classes, albeit ranked teams, they are still smaller schools.

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Trigg County

5. Russellville

6. Metcalfe County

7. Fulton City

8. Caldwell Co

9. McLean County

10. Glasgow

I don't normally crack on someone's rankings because everyone sees different teams play and come away with different perspectives, but I kind of scratch me head when I see Fort Campbell ranked second and a team they beat with a late field goal with a comparable record unranked. Again, the beauty of this thread is everyone has their own opinion but this one leaves me scratching my head.

I know we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, but PT hasen't beat anybody, they are 2-4! They can play every ranked team in the state and loose and that doesn't, IMO, make them a top ten team. Argue all you want, but I think they are overrated by many and I am not going to reduce the rank of teams like Fulton City, Caldwell Co, etc... because PT has lost to four good teams. Yes, FC beat PT on a last minute FG, but the fact is that FC won the game and in the end it is wins verses losses that count. Another factor is that two of PTs losses are to teams (FC and Mayfield) in lower classes, albeit ranked teams, they are still smaller schools.

I think this is where there is a disagreement. The opposing view is that wins and losses don't matter, and IMO, record isn't everything. Ask yourself this....would Fulton City, Caldwell, Glasgow, etc. have a better record than Tilghman against Tilghmans' schedule?? I HIGHLY doubt it......not to mention, you are downgrading Tilghman for losing to Mayfield and FC. Class is irrelevent in this case b/c Mayfield and FC are really good teams. For the record, im not a Tilghman fan, but for the life of me I can't understand why you wouldn't take STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE into account, because its apparent that you aren't. For anyone who knows a lick about football, this should be a factor in ranking teams.......

I don't normally crack on someone's rankings because everyone sees different teams play and come away with different perspectives, but I kind of scratch me head when I see Fort Campbell ranked second and a team they beat with a late field goal with a comparable record unranked. Again, the beauty of this thread is everyone has their own opinion but this one leaves me scratching my head.

I agree. This makes absolutely no sense at all......but everyone is entitled to their opinion.......

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Paducah

4. Trigg County

5. Russellville

6. Metcalfe County

7. McLean

8. Owensboro Cathloic

9. Caldwell

10. Fulton

Catholic #8 this is a joke right. Catholic would kill McLean, Metcalfe, Russelville never wanted to scrimmage Catholic again. Not sure about Paducah either.