Newport VS NCC Predictions

Einstein70

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A close game would be fun to see. Its not real thrilling when the game is lopsided so early. You start yawning before halftime. IMO NCC has not yet put together a real solid complete game yet, its like my golf game always something lacking or not clicking. This is about the time of the year that the Breds really start to click. A week of rest hopefully will help. Unfortunately I don't see a close game this week. Newports season has been like a soap opera. The Breds will begin to roll toward the playoffs. When this group plays its A game it's a 3-PEAT. Best of luck to both teams

I agree with you about the rating, but none of us vote on this topic. I think its the coaches or it used to be. I do however think they are good enough for a three-peat in AA. They have yet to put their A game together for 4 quarters. Highlands in 5A, NCC in 2A, and Beechwood in A. Northern Ky will get three titles this year barring injuries

They are very good... the defense is as strong as it has been any of the title runs just w/o the big name player to stick out... and the offense is coming along very well, much better than it was last year... They have played some very good schools so far

They are very good... the defense is as strong as it has been any of the title runs just w/o the big name player to stick out... and the offense is coming along very well, much better than it was last year... They have played some very good schools so far

They seem to be lacking an identity on offense. I am confident that Coaches Schneider, Faust, and Eviston have noticed this as well and will have this team firing on all cylinders come playoff time.

They seem to be lacking an identity on offense. I am confident that Coaches Schneider, Faust, and Eviston have noticed this as well and will have this team firing on all cylinders come playoff time.

Hey Mexitucky is that you flying that Air Force jet. I spent many days in the cockpit of those jets. What do you think of the NCC/Newport showdown.

I think NCC will win easily, but this years NCC does not compare with the past two years teams. In 05 they were dominant and in 06. They are good don't get me wrong, but I just don't see NCC being as strong as they were the past two years.

I think the Breds have tried to run the ball a little to much in the past couple weeks. Yes we have to have a running game but its not the strength of the offense. It has however improved. The way we get in the endzone fast is through the air. The QB is a double threat throwing and running. Throw the ball to the athletic wideouts and let them run with it. Throwing the ball once or twice a game to the likes of #25, #12 and #47 is simply not often enough

I think the Breds have tried to run the ball a little to much in the past couple weeks. Yes we have to have a running game but its not the strength of the offense. It has however improved. The way we get in the endzone fast is through the air. The QB is a double threat throwing and running. Throw the ball to the athletic wideouts and let them run with it. Throwing the ball once or twice a game to the likes of #25, #12 and #47 is simply not often enough

Were they working on the running game for the playoffs or something else?

Were they working on the running game for the playoffs or something else?

Probably just trying to establish a running game, which has happened. If you go to Louisville being a one dimentional team you get to bring back the small trophy and not the bigger one that says STATE CHAMPS

I may be in the minority, especially in this thread, but I just don't think NC is very strong this year. If they're #2 in NKY....yikes.

They're an interception in the end zone against Ryle away from being 5-0. Defence comes to play every week. I like our chances when play-offs come around.;)