Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro 14 Boone County 3

Featured Replies

It was 14-3 I think. I tried to give a recap but the other thread was put as closed after I typed it all

I understand Owensboro stopped Boone 3-4 times in the redzone and Owensboro had a monster game from Caudo (sp) Douglas filling in for the starting running back 1 td and over 100 yds rushing. The big back for Boone also had a great game, but the defense for Owensboro must had been just outstanding. Bear in mind I got this information via text from my daughter who was at the game so for what it is worth there it is.

Yes 14-3 was the final

  • Author
It was 14-3 i think. I tried to give a recap but the other thread was put as closed after I typed it all
We always close game threads as they finish.
We always close game threads as they finish. You could've just copied and pasted it into here though.

 

Well about the same time my connection went South, but I will remember that if it happens again. Thanks

  • Author
Well about the same time my connection went South, but I will remember that if it happens again. Thanks
No problem. The same thing has happened to me a few times. :thumb:
Uh-oh for Bluebird and Colonels fans. Owensboro is solid.

 

Details in a few.

I'd say Uh-oh for the John Hardin and Bowling Green fans first. Congrats to Owensboro... they are really putting together an impressive season, while sort of flying under the radar.

I was at the game and number 25 for the devils looked very good. It was a pretty exciting game.

I knew Owensboro had a very solid defense and could contain a solid running game, as long as there wasn't a big threat through the air...I expected a low scoring game.. Oboro will definately be a 5a contender, but, may have trouble against a BGreen type team who can mix it up offensively...Congrats Red Devils on a solid win...

Boone Co came out and pounded the ball early but eventually settled for a Field Goal to lead 3-0. Would drive again early on but turned it over on downs.

 

Owensboro made the defensive adjustments and contained the Rebel running game.

 

Then as mentioned #25 Douglas ran well and hard and Owensboro got on the board on a nice run.

 

Boone Co never made any adjustments and when they did try to pass the results weren't very good.

 

Last gasp was an INT in the endzone with 2 minutes to go.

 

 

Thoughts on Owensboro:

They don't beat themselves and they have a good combo of speed, size, and discipline. They are the type of team that can stay in any game. Throw it well enough and run it well enough that you can't key on one or the other. Defense is good against the power run, I can't say how they would do against a true passing team but the secondary has some good athletes.

 

Thoughts on Boone Co.:

Offense is pretty predictable. Runs are up the gut and receivers are locked in on when passing. Not a good come from behind team. May need to expand the offense in order to beat good teams in the playoffs. Defense isn't bad, and was on the field awhile tonight.

Boone Co came out and pounded the ball early but eventually settled for a Field Goal to lead 3-0. Would drive again early on but turned it over on downs.

 

Owensboro made the defensive adjustments and contained the Rebel running game.

 

Then as mentioned #25 Douglas ran well and hard and Owensboro got on the board on a nice run.

 

Boone Co never made any adjustments and when they did try to pass the results weren't very good.

 

Last gasp was an INT in the endzone with 2 minutes to go.

 

 

Thoughts on Owensboro:

They don't beat themselves and they have a good combo of speed, size, and discipline. They are the type of team that can stay in any game. Throw it well enough and run it well enough that you can't key on one or the other. Defense is good against the power run, I can't say how they would do against a true passing team but the secondary has some good athletes.

 

Thoughts on Boone Co.:

Offense is pretty predictable. Runs are up the gut and receivers are locked in on when passing. Not a good come from behind team. May need to expand the offense in order to beat good teams in the playoffs. Defense isn't bad, and was on the field awhile tonight.

 

 

Sounds like the same old song and dance out of BC. The key is getting a lead on BC, they specialize in pounding the pigskin. If you can get up by a few scores you have the edge.

How did Farris look tonight?

 

30/134

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.