Williamsburg vs. Madison Southern

There are at least 2 kids that have some speed for Madison Southern. (I think ones name is Rico. Anyone from Madison Southern know who it is?). We played in a scrimmage against them earlier in the summer. There line had some size and strength. Comparable to Cumberland but not quite as good. If the Madison Southern line can provide a little time, they could cause some trouble for W'burg. I'll say W'burg will win, (it's at home, right?) but it will be closer than many will think.

Anybody have any info on the injurys for williamsburg???If they are healthy huge win for the Burg. 45-16

If they arnt back i'd say 38-32

I heard Jake Moses will be back for the Campbellsville game, but not for Madison Southern. As for Huglett and Pettit it's still up in the air. I heard they both have to see the doctor today to see what their status will be.

Williamsburg will have to play much better than they played against Cumberland if they expect to win any more games. They should win a close one but need to keep their heads in the game and not back down when they get punched in the mouth.

Ahh that is the mark of a young team....Can the Burg overcome adversity and beat Southern. I think Jake Moses and Jordan Hughlette will be out this game, which may mean a couple more freshmen on defense. The o-line will have to protect better, and Ryan Moses will need to make good decisions. From observation I think Jerry Herron and staff have done a very nice job with this young team, but now after a physical game with Cumberland, how do they press forward. I have enough faith that this staff will pull things together and right this young ship. It wil not be a pretty game but I'll take the Jackets by 5.

I agree with Volsfan! I don't know what type of team Madison Southern has, so I will not make a prediction! However, I know the team that Williamsburg has, young, but I have noticed more and more plays are being made by the young ones, such as Lowrie! A good week of practice and keep improving on what Williamsburg needs to do, that will cure most things, a win always helps to though.

I watched the Lynn Camp vs Madison southern scrimmage and was impressed by the speed of their 2 backs #1 and #5. their Qb does it all runs,punts,kicks,throws and plays D, he has a good arm but there werent many receivers that could catch the deep ones. Their 2 backs remind me alot of #24 and #42 from Cumberland and I witnessed the trouble they caused the burg. I think Madison Southern is alot better than their record and would compare them to Cumberland on offense but the D isnt there. I will take the home team in a close one in another offense shoot out with a lack of defense.

w'burg 42 - Madison Sou 38.

IMO there are going to be some very surprised individuals after this game is over. Madison So has some of the best athletes I have seen on one team this year and their line is huge with good athletisism. Football is all about match-ups and that is why certain teams beat teams that have been beaten by the team they beat! (don't try to say that real fast). You all know what I mean. IMO Madison So will match-up great with W-burg and if they play without losing their heads they will beat W-burg 2 or 3 TD's. With that being said, they will have to play to their potential and they will have to play together because W-burg has a lot of heart and are still very talented. I stand behind my original prediction:

Madison Southern 35

W-burg 26

In our scrimmage with them, they could score super fast when they did move the ball. Big front on O, Very good special teams, play the pass somewhat well. Speed in most every skill position, get confused a little in their sets. VERY, VERY physical when they buckle down. Speed and physical play will remind W'burg a lot of Cumberland. Still say that homefield advantages will decide this one if it's real close.