Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg vs. Madison Southern

Featured Replies

Williamsburg will rebound nicely and win by 3 tds. Madison Southern Will score some on the Wburg defense but not enough.

 

Wburg 49

MS 28

There are at least 2 kids that have some speed for Madison Southern. (I think ones name is Rico. Anyone from Madison Southern know who it is?). We played in a scrimmage against them earlier in the summer. There line had some size and strength. Comparable to Cumberland but not quite as good. If the Madison Southern line can provide a little time, they could cause some trouble for W'burg. I'll say W'burg will win, (it's at home, right?) but it will be closer than many will think.

After seeing both of them play up close I will have to say that Madison Southern will win this game.

 

Madison 35

 

W-burg 26

  • Author

Anybody have any info on the injurys for williamsburg???If they are healthy huge win for the Burg. 45-16

If they arnt back i'd say 38-32

Williamsburg will have to play much better than they played against Cumberland if they expect to win any more games. They should win a close one but need to keep their heads in the game and not back down when they get punched in the mouth.

If the game is at W'burg they should win, otherwise IMO its a toss-up.

Anybody have any info on the injurys for williamsburg???If they are healthy huge win for the Burg. 45-16

If they arnt back i'd say 38-32

I heard Jake Moses will be back for the Campbellsville game, but not for Madison Southern. As for Huglett and Pettit it's still up in the air. I heard they both have to see the doctor today to see what their status will be.

Williamsburg will have to play much better than they played against Cumberland if they expect to win any more games. They should win a close one but need to keep their heads in the game and not back down when they get punched in the mouth.

Ahh that is the mark of a young team....Can the Burg overcome adversity and beat Southern. I think Jake Moses and Jordan Hughlette will be out this game, which may mean a couple more freshmen on defense. The o-line will have to protect better, and Ryan Moses will need to make good decisions. From observation I think Jerry Herron and staff have done a very nice job with this young team, but now after a physical game with Cumberland, how do they press forward. I have enough faith that this staff will pull things together and right this young ship. It wil not be a pretty game but I'll take the Jackets by 5.

I agree with Volsfan! I don't know what type of team Madison Southern has, so I will not make a prediction! However, I know the team that Williamsburg has, young, but I have noticed more and more plays are being made by the young ones, such as Lowrie! A good week of practice and keep improving on what Williamsburg needs to do, that will cure most things, a win always helps to though.

Tough to get a handle on Mad. So. They're are 0-5 but have played a very difficult schedule, opponents are 19-6. Yet, with the exception of McCreary, Southern has not played within 3 tds of anyone. Hard to figure.

I watched the Lynn Camp vs Madison southern scrimmage and was impressed by the speed of their 2 backs #1 and #5. their Qb does it all runs,punts,kicks,throws and plays D, he has a good arm but there werent many receivers that could catch the deep ones. Their 2 backs remind me alot of #24 and #42 from Cumberland and I witnessed the trouble they caused the burg. I think Madison Southern is alot better than their record and would compare them to Cumberland on offense but the D isnt there. I will take the home team in a close one in another offense shoot out with a lack of defense.

w'burg 42 - Madison Sou 38.

Williamsburg 35-27.

IMO there are going to be some very surprised individuals after this game is over. Madison So has some of the best athletes I have seen on one team this year and their line is huge with good athletisism. Football is all about match-ups and that is why certain teams beat teams that have been beaten by the team they beat! (don't try to say that real fast). You all know what I mean. IMO Madison So will match-up great with W-burg and if they play without losing their heads they will beat W-burg 2 or 3 TD's. With that being said, they will have to play to their potential and they will have to play together because W-burg has a lot of heart and are still very talented. I stand behind my original prediction:

 

Madison Southern 35

 

W-burg 26

In our scrimmage with them, they could score super fast when they did move the ball. Big front on O, Very good special teams, play the pass somewhat well. Speed in most every skill position, get confused a little in their sets. VERY, VERY physical when they buckle down. Speed and physical play will remind W'burg a lot of Cumberland. Still say that homefield advantages will decide this one if it's real close.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.