Greenup Co. vs Rowan Co Predictions.

Goliath

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think Greenup will come out with a win. There has been some new defensive changes and some personnel changes.Also I think the boys will have a better attitude, since this is their first district game.Also last night the JV beat East Carter 8-0. and it was a very physical game.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game, and from what I saw, Craft had receivers open waving their arms, and the ball was not delivered, seems like he locks onto a certain receiver, and if not open, he panics, and bad things result, he needs to stay in pocket and go through his reads, yes the line is blocking, but he likes to try to make throws on the run ,and a interception, the team overall needs to come together as a whole, there is no I in team , some of the playcalling at certain times of the game, is mind boggling, coachs and players need to come together as a whole unit and get some respect back, as a team, sure the parents want to see their boys do good and win, but losing leaves a bad taste in your mouth, that starts the qb blaming the line, receivers blame the qb for not getting the ball, the coachs choice of plays, and the fans want to win as badly as the team, and if you ask the head coach whats going on, his answer is "It was a coachs decision"

I was at the game, and from what I saw, Craft had receivers open waving their arms, and the ball was not delivered, seems like he locks onto a certain receiver, and if not open, he panics, and bad things result, he needs to stay in pocket and go through his reads, yes the line is blocking, but he likes to try to make throws on the run ,and a interception, the team overall needs to come together as a whole, there is no I in team , some of the playcalling at certain times of the game, is mind boggling, coachs and players need to come together as a whole unit and get some respect back, as a team, sure the parents want to see their boys do good and win, but losing leaves a bad taste in your mouth, that starts the qb blaming the line, receivers blame the qb for not getting the ball, the coachs choice of plays, and the fans want to win as badly as the team, and if you ask the head coach whats going on, his answer is "It was a coachs decision"

Certain plays are called, maybe 2 or 3. The quarter back needs time to read the field and make the play. Maybe that is why Craft is not seeing the "hands waving". I don't know what game you were at, but I did not see that great of line blocking on the offense.

As far as the comment on "It was the coaches decision", IT IS. That is why he is the coach. Kids and parents today have no respect for others. If the coach told a player to do it, then he should. Too many kids listen to others outside the game instead of the coach. Of course everyone wants to win, but that does not call for rude and disrespectful comments or actions.

Greenup Co has some problems right now. First off I don't think they have the personnel to run that offense. IMO they would be better of going with a more conservative play action offense. They don't need more chemistry problems right now.

I agree, they don't have the personnel to run this. They would be more suited to power football or wing-t. They were reasonably successful with that before because those are the kinds of kids they have.

This one will be close but I think Rowan takes it.

Outsider, evidently we disagree on the game, if you would look ar our qbs. stats the past 3 games, the qb has a passing ratio just barely above 50% and his rushing % of 0.972 yds. per carry, and as far as disrespectful actions and comments they were being addressed at the head coach not at any of the players.

Curtis Lowe yes we will see you in Ramland on 9/28, it is always a great oppurtunity to come up there and play the Rams, and your head coach does an outstanding job, I can't wait, I promise we will show up and play hard.

It's always a good and tight game, one of my favorites each year. I'm looking forward to it. And I am sure Greenup will play hard.

Welcome to BGP Old Warrior.

Curtis Lowe yes we will see you in Ramland on 9/28, it is always a great oppurtunity to come up there and play the Rams, and your head coach does an outstanding job, I can't wait, I promise we will show up and play hard.

Welcome to BGP Warrior :thumb: , the Raceland/GCHS game is always a good one.

Outsider, evidently we disagree on the game, if you would look ar our qbs. stats the past 3 games, the qb has a passing ratio just barely above 50% and his rushing % of 0.972 yds. per carry, and as far as disrespectful actions and comments they were being addressed at the head coach not at any of the players.

Old Warrior, apparently we do disagree on the game and while you seem to throw all your comments at the QB (while off hand stating that none of the comment are directed at players) let's all just step back and analyze the GC offense.

It is a pass oriented offense (90% +) and in being so certain things have to occur inorder for it to be successful. First, the line has to PASS block, possibly the easiest block for a lineman to perform. This occurs about 50 percent of the time and can be verified in review of game film where one can see "roll blocks" being performed and the D lineman going straight thru resulting the the QB running for his life. This inability to PASS block (the easiest) would also suggest that Greenup would be even far less successful in performing RUN blocks were they to switch to a more traditional offense.

Second, the Receivers HAVE to run their routes and catch the ball if it hits them in the hands. If the route is run incorrectly, then things fall apart quickly as the QB is looking for an area, the receiver is not there, so he must improvise given he has time from blocking (see above). Again, review of tape and knowledge of the required route will give evidence of the missed routes as well as the numerous passes that go right thru the receivers hands (this was the case in 1 if not 2 of the South Point interceptions).

Third, the QB has to deliver the ball. The biggest problem I see here is (as mentioned in a previous post) the QB's decision to leave the pocket too quickly. Even if the pocket is collapsing he needs to step up thereby buying himself 1 if not 2 more seconds. Now if he has to scramble the loss should minimzed by running forward and sliding as opposed to the cross field scramble I have seen him do on several occasions often resulting in large losses (that is were I sould say your .9 yds/rush stat results from).

Fourth, play calling HAS to be appropriate for the situation. Case in point, you do not run a flag route on a third and one play. You run a short route, an end around, QB keeper, Jerry Caliborne Off Tackle, anything but a 30 yard down field pass. And speaking of that play, take it out of the book. Greenup does not have a tall receiver to increase the odds of this play working and in so have cost themselves as 2 interceptions this year have occurred on that very play. The receiver was simply to small for the D-back and just had it taken out of their hands.

I could continue and talk about the Swiss cheese Louisville looking defense but this should be enough for you to absorb for the time being.

Unless the items addresed above improve my prediction for the game;

GC - 17 RC - 28

Outsider you do see some of the things I posted. We do disagree on some things but you are not there at practice all the time. The head coach told the parent's that we had the personell to run the Tony Franklin offense, the boosters paid a large amount of money for the offense and to send the coaching staff to Nashville Tn. for playbook and CD's and lectures, we ran it this summer and seemed to work fairly well, but you do not know everything that is going on, you are at the tip of the iceberg.