Strahan named captain????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that a joke? Everyone says the Giants are a team that is falling apart and that they are a mess...I think this proves otherwise. You talk bad about them when they fight, yet you want them all to hate a guy who sat out training camp because he considered retiring? THAT is a joke.

I think what some seem to forget is that NFL camps and going to practice, etc. mean very little to those playing in the pros. It is all about production on Sundays. Strahan has made a great career out of doing so. Team camaraderie means very little within a clubhouse, imo; as evident by their selection.

I think what some seem to forget is that NFL camps and going to practice, etc. mean very little to those playing in the pros. It is all about production on Sundays. Strahan has made a great career out of doing so. Team camaraderie means very little within a clubhouse, imo; as evident by their selection.

I'm pretty sure Tom Coughlin let a group of 10 players select the captains for the year. The Giants used to switch it up every game, but they changed that this year.

You guys act like you know what is going on inside the Giants locker room. This year according to every blogger close to the Giants, they are acting MORE like a team. Strahan talked to many of the players every day while he was gone pondering his decision.

It's not as bad in New York as you all may think. It's not like half their team has been arrested in the past year or something...

He was named captain because they guys think that anyone that can skip camp AND start the season on the roster unaffected can lead them any day...

Strahan isn't the first player to do so. Many players have skipped camp before, but because it's Michael Strahan and because it's New York, everyone is throwing a fit. It's not a big deal to the Giants...why should it be for anyone else?

HB you have a passion for the football Giants. Are you sure you are not one of those inside bloggers. Don't get mad at peoples opinions thats what this is for. I see them breaking even this year it has nothing to do with their unity I think its the qb issue, I just don't think he is all that great, and losing big mouth Tiki will hurt them too.