Greenup County

bluekyblue

I'd be very surprised if Mahan was cleared to play. Greenup could use some more depth but even if they do play I don't think it will help that much.

Me too! I heard the same thing at work today,, saying it's a done-deal.

5 days practice with no pads, 5 day with pads. Then he can play.

Anyone ever hear of that rule before?

Here is ByLaw 25 and should answer most questions, related to practice.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw25bysport/bl25fb.pdf

Also, let's remember Rule #4, before we travel down that road.....

4. No school-specific (or general) recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No talking about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact http://www.khsaa.org to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

Me too! I heard the same thing at work today,, saying it's a done-deal.

5 days practice with no pads, 5 day with pads. Then he can play.

Anyone ever hear of that rule before?

I'm just glad to see another kid from Kentucky playing football. Go Greenup.

Greenup Co athletics continues to have more drama than an afternoon soap opera. There are a multitude of internal issues that are distracting the football program during a season when they really should have been a much improved team. I wish it were different for some of these kids that are playing and trying to compete. There's a proud football tradition down there. I for one would like to see them get back on track. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen this season though. It's looking like a another one win season for the Musketeers. (South Point)

Greenup Co athletics continues to have more drama than an afternoon soap opera. There are a multitude of internal issues that are distracting the football program during a season when they really should have been a much improved team. I wish it were different for some of these kids that are playing and trying to compete. There's a proud football tradition down there. I for one would like to see them get back on track. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen this season though. It's looking like a another one win season for the Musketeers. (South Point)[/QUOTE]

They should also, at least on paper, handle Lewis County as well. If they can get things together, they could be trouble for several teams on the schedule. I remember them giving Mason County all they could handle last year; just couldn't score.

Greenup Co athletics continues to have more drama than an afternoon soap opera. There are a multitude of internal issues that are distracting the football program during a season when they really should have been a much improved team. I wish it were different for some of these kids that are playing and trying to compete. There's a proud football tradition down there. I for one would like to see them get back on track. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen this season though. It's looking like a another one win season for the Musketeers. (South Point)

I hope they do better than that. I think they will.

Correction: Replace South Point w/Lewis Co.