Memphis players charged with inciting riot

youknowme

Pitino always struck me as a shady person. From people I know who knew him, or had spoken to him, while he was at UK, they all said he was a jerk.

:lol: Same old, same old.

Pitino is "New York" abrupt and a very busy person. He's not a jerk. He is who he is.

Sounds like Joey Dorsey is the one responsible for all of this. Always thought the guy was a thug, at least now I have some proof...

Turns out Greg Oden is fortunate Joey Dorsey didn't punch him last March.

And then run.

That was my first thought Wednesday morning after reading a story in The Commercial Appeal alleging Dorsey has been in three Beale Street brawls since February, the most recent of which came early Sunday and reportedly ignited the incident that led to the arrest of Memphis teammates Shawn Taggart and Jeff Robinson.

Why wasn't Dorsey arrested with Taggart and Robinson, you ask?

Dorsey a fan of Hit-And-Runs

Sounds like Joey Dorsey is the one responsible for all of this. Always thought the guy was a thug, at least now I have some proof...

Turns out Greg Oden is fortunate Joey Dorsey didn't punch him last March.

And then run.

That was my first thought Wednesday morning after reading a story in The Commercial Appeal alleging Dorsey has been in three Beale Street brawls since February, the most recent of which came early Sunday and reportedly ignited the incident that led to the arrest of Memphis teammates Shawn Taggart and Jeff Robinson.

Why wasn't Dorsey arrested with Taggart and Robinson, you ask?

Dorsey a fan of Hit-And-Runs

I believe he was arrested later. He is to have a court hearing about this according to the Memphis newspaper. Dorsey is either a public relations sensation ("any headline is a good headline") or not the brightest bulb on the planet. I vote for the latter.

"The guy in the front passenger seat, Mr. Rollins, said the marijuana was his and Mr. Williams denied knowledge of the marijuana even being in his car even though you could obviously smell the odor of burnt marijuana," Mount said.

Mount said Williams had no driver's license and instead handed the officer a Tennessee identification card. He said the SUV's license plate had expired in July.

The SUV's back seat passenger was arrested on charges of carrying a gun without a license and theft as the 9 mm handgun had been reported stolen in Collierville, Tenn., according to a police report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3013965

"The guy in the front passenger seat, Mr. Rollins, said the marijuana was his and Mr. Williams denied knowledge of the marijuana even being in his car even though you could obviously smell the odor of burnt marijuana," Mount said.

Mount said Williams had no driver's license and instead handed the officer a Tennessee identification card. He said the SUV's license plate had expired in July.

The SUV's back seat passenger was arrested on charges of carrying a gun without a license and theft as the 9 mm handgun had been reported stolen in Collierville, Tenn., according to a police report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3013965

Just to clarify...that excerpt has nothing to do with Memphis basketball. However there is a discussion of Dorsey later in the article.