44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bellevue
    • Ludlow

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow victory. Am I missing something?

Why do you like Bellevue (playing Devil here)? A nice win over Newport who got blasted the next game by halftime. And Newport may have outgained Bellevue in that one. Followed by a struggling win (27-20 with Paris driving for the tying score with four minutes left) over a team that is going to struggle in their district.

Then again you could argue that Ludlow has two wins over decent but not great teams and gave up some points doing it.

I think this one is a nailbiter.

Bellevue's win against Paris was 40-20 and the reason I pick Bellevue in this one is their tough defense that has not allowed many yards in both games and caused many turnovers and because of their conditioning which proved superior to that of Paris and Newport

I believe he was stating that it was 27-20 before Bellevue put them away. If you want to play the turnovers game here, Ludlow is +8 in the turnover department. It will be an even game.

Why do you like Bellevue (playing Devil here)? A nice win over Newport who got blasted the next game by halftime. And Newport may have outgained Bellevue in that one. Followed by a struggling win (27-20 with Paris driving for the tying score with four minutes left) over a team that is going to struggle in their district.

Then again you could argue that Ludlow has two wins over decent but not great teams and gave up some points doing it.

I think this one is a nailbiter.

The thing alot of people probably dont realize is that first game for Ludlow against Trimble County. They played against a runningback who last year was honorable mention all state as a junior, and so probably has a good chance this year then at making all state. So alot of teams are going to give up points to that team because their runningback is a beast. However the Carroll County game Ludlow definitely should not have given up 24 points to them...

So I do agree with you that this game will be A GREAT GAME, and friday cant get here soon enough...I just hope the weather for this game is nice, and not one of those rainy games...

What am I missing? I like Bellevue by 14+ in this game yet there are a LOT of posters that are predicting a Ludlow victory. Am I missing something?

I guess you are talking about how alot of people posted that they think Ludlow will win, but the poll is a big advantage for Bellevue however. My only guess would be that the people who posted a Ludlow victory didn't see the poll...

Well if Ludlow can win this game they apperantly will be beating a top ten team in the state, since somehow Bellevue is ranked number 8 in the state. However even if Ludlow wins this game, I bet Ludlow still would not receive any votes close to the top 10 for some reason...

I pic the Panthers in this one by seven. I think it will be close, but a high scoring game, and with Bellevue's size i think the will be worn down in the fourth and Ludlow will capitalize.

How can you say Bellevue will be worn down in the forth when they scored 19 of their 40 total points against Paris in the second half two of them coming in the fourth with under five min. left in the game:confused:

I don't see why you would say that Bellevue will be worn down in the fourth because, I think they have proved that there conditioning is great, being able to score 19 of 40 points in the second half.

By looking at the difference in the two team's speeds. Ludlow seems alot faster than Bellevue and I didnt mean in the second half I meant in the fourth quarter. Dont get me wrong this will be a close game but I think Ludlow will start to pull away.

Ludlow 13

Bellevue 9

By looking at the difference in the two team's speeds. Ludlow seems alot faster than Bellevue and I didnt mean in the second half I meant in the fourth quarter. Dont get me wrong this will be a close game but I think Ludlow will start to pull away.

Ludlow 13

Bellevue 9

Theres not that much of a difference in these two teams speed. and I thought you said earlier in this thread it was going to be a high scoring game???

i

I don't see why you would say that Bellevue will be worn down in the fourth because, I think they have proved that there conditioning is great, being able to score 19 of 40 points in the second half.

It is pretty impressive that Bellevue was able to score almost half of their points in the second half, you want to have your team in a position to do this. I am just curious, because most of the points (from what I have read and heard) were in the closing minutes of the game, were the Tigers in that good of shape or was Paris in that bad of shape?

It is pretty impressive that Bellevue was able to score almost half of their points in the second half, you want to have your team in a position to do this. I am just curious, because most of the points (from what I have read and heard) were in the closing minutes of the game, were the Tigers in that good of shape or was Paris in that bad of shape?

It wasn't that Paris was in bad shape (although they did wear down because they play so few players) it was that they did not recover squib kickoffs and then threw INTs when backed-up in their own end.

Ludlow and Bellevue should be about equal depth and conditioning-wise late in the game.