Lafayette 28 Franklin Co. 12

Neither team was that impressive tonight. Lafayette needs to develop some line depth. In the 1st half their OL played well, but a very small rotation on both sides, had them worn out at the end. Lafayette had no running game tonight, Franklin Co's 52 and I think 62 were in the backfield all night long.

Gifford is an excellent player for the Generals, as well as #66.

Franklin Co's #5 made some nice catches. Also Franklin's QB did a nice job running the QB draw.

All in all good hard fought game, but both teams have a lot of work to do.

For FC it was 68 who was stuffing the run. 5 is a stud for FC. If the 2 LB's and RB's played for FC this score would have been different. But i must agree, both teams were sluggish. FC's D-Line is for real though. They stuffed the run all night.

Lafayette was not impressive but still won. Number 23 Eric Shaw i heard had a nice game. #5 from Franklin co had a couple of great catches. Lafayettes D shut down the pass but the qb trap killed them. Lafayette's line looked really out of shape

FC was without any varsity Running backs tonight, also was missing 2 Starting linebackers, Congrats to the young kids who got a chance to shine, FC had alot of kids playing in different positions tonight I feel like they done the best with the hand they were dealt, but I agree both teams have some work to do. I hope FC gets healed up or the next few weeks could be a dog fight.

Great game to watch! Lafayette is a very good team that will make a run in the playoffs. Franklin County will do nothing but get better over the course of the next few weeks and hopefully they can make a run through the playoffs. I also said earlier that the line play would decide this game, but that wasnt the case because FC's offensive and defensive lines were in so much better shape than Lafayettes.

Most impressive for Lafayette

#40 Tommy Gifford... very quick, good speed, and elusive. He is a strong, tough kid. He looked like the Generals best athlete and go to guy.

QB Logan Bunch...... Very poised high school quarterback. Throws a tight spiral and is accurate.

Coaching.......appeared to be a very well coached team. Great game plan to defend the pass as all varsity running backs for FC were out with injury. Employed a three man rush spreading athletes in the secondary to defend the pass.

Most impressive for Franklin County

#52 Willie Smither and # 68 Jeremy Barnett.... These two guys can flat out play. They both appear to be quicker and stronger that last year. Both made big plays. They did just about whatever they wanted when they wanted. Quite a tandom on the defensive line. Opponents better buckle their chin straps because these two can flat out hit!!!!!!

#5 Deron Hicks.......extremely athletic. He gives 100% with a lot of heart. He is a playmaker.

#12 Sean Thompson....Did a nice job running the ball. He is a load to bring down. All night long it took 3 to 4 Lafayette players to bring him down. Many times he would drag the pile three to four yards. He is very inexperienced at the varsity level. He has a gun and will get better every week. At 6' 5" around 220 lbs he is athletic and appears to be very durable.

Hard fought football game. A good test early for both teams. Look for both teams to improve in the coming weeks.

Lafayette was not impressive but still won. Number 23 Eric Shaw i heard had a nice game. #5 from Franklin co had a couple of great catches. Lafayettes D shut down the pass but the qb trap killed them. Lafayette's line looked really out of shape
Did you attend the game, or did you just hear about it?

What is the problem with the running backs and the LB's that didn't play? Are they expected to return soon?

If you're referring to Metcalf and Robinson, Robinson had fluid in his knee, and Metcalf had a concusion (sp), County should see them return next week. :thumb: