Funniest Halftime Quotes

The best one I ever heard is when one of our DB's had been beaten 2 times for td's in the first half. Coach Webb son, you might be able to score 3 td's a game when your on offense. But at the rate you are going we will lose because you are going to give up more td's than you can score.

To say the least coach benched him and we won.

The best one I ever heard is when one of our DB's had been beaten 2 times for td's in the first half. Coach Webb son, you might be able to score 3 td's a game when your on offense. But at the rate you are going we will lose because you are going to give up more td's than you can score.

To say the least coach benched him and we won.

My favorite Webb moment was in a scrimmage against Frankfort my Senior year. On one play the lead blocking back didn't attempt to block and the runner was creamed. Furious, Coach Webb began screaming at the boy, "Listen, you are going to run the ball this time."

Then turning to the boy who was just killed, "And you aren't going to block for him!"

Then turning to our Defense Webb said, "And the play is coming right there. (pointing to a spot)"

As soon as the ball was snapped it all happened as the coach had said and the runner was smacked by about 3 defenders. Getting up and going back to the huddle Webb was in the ear of the laxidasical player: "Wasn't too much fun was it ! Now if we all block for each other we'll be one big happy family!"

When I got to know him a year later as a college friend of his daughter he was genuinely one of the nicest and funniest coaches I've ever met. I remember asking him why there were no game films in his video library and he said, "Son, I'm a coach, not a lunatic."

It was late in the season and we were playing Conner. It was the first time the freshman had dressed with us and we were down a few.

I don't exactly remember what he said, but it was something to the likes of if you don't come back and win this game I will pull your eyes out and eat them..

We ended up winning and it sure had me pretty terrified I can only imagine what the freshman were thinking.. Coach M was good with his words.

What year? What team played Conner?