Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greeneville, TN @ Mercer Co. Predictions

Who will win this game? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this game?

    • Greeneville, Tenn.
      35%
    • Mercer County
      64%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thoughts and predictions, Anyone konw anything about The Greene Devils?

I don't know anything about the team from Tn but I did not think Mercer looked very good Sat.

Only thing I know is they are 4A in a 5A State. I don't know if 5A is biggest or smallest class. They went 4-6 last year. Scored 187 points and gave up 212 points. Pitched 2 shutouts and were shutout twice.

Anyone know anything about this Tennessee team?

Greeneville is 1-0 and feature a wide-open offense

 

LINK

I don't know anything about the team from Tn but I did not think Mercer looked very good Sat.

 

Agree.

It's hard to get a gauge on this game because of the unknown. Because it's at Mercer, I'll take the Titans by 5.

Mercer wins in a close 1 by a touchdown in the 4th quarter. Does ne one know ne thing about Greeneville? What kind of offense do they run? Defense?

I did some research and this is what I found out about the Greeneville High School Green Devils are out of Eastern Tennessee (between Pigeon Forge and Bristol)

 

-They are a Class 4A school in TN, with an enrollment of over 1,100

 

-Checking past records, they have floated right around .500, going 4-6 last year.

 

-They just hired a new head coach this year out of Asheville, NC. He won a state championship with his school in NC for the 2006 season. Apparently Greeneville went after him pretty serious, paying him a six-figure salary, boosters buying him a brand new truck, no teaching classes, etc.

 

-won 21-7 last week over Jefferson County HS (another 4A school)

 

-Offensively, they run the spread and look very good doing it.

If I'm not mistaken I think Davey Crockett was born in Greenville, TN. Does that help any with the scouting report? :lol:

It's hard to get a gauge on this game because of the unknown. Because it's at Mercer, I'll take the Titans by 5.

 

 

 

Scribe..

 

Greeneville looks to be a tough team. From the looks of them, they remind me a lot of some of those Boyle County teams a couple, few years back. You know, a team full of 180-200 pounders with a couple real big kids. They pass the "look test", that's for sure. I know this much, they don't have a HEAVY, sloppy looking kid on the team....and, that is saying something when one of their starting OT's is 6'6 315.

If I'm not mistaken I think Davey Crockett was born in Greenville, TN. Does that help any with the scouting report? :lol:

 

 

It does HATZ, we were wondering if it meant anything or not knowing that one of their kids on offense is always wearing a coon-skinned cap?!? haha

It does HATZ, we were wondering if it meant anything or not knowing that one of their kids on offense is always wearing a coon-skinned cap?!? haha

 

 

I believe he "kilt him a bar, when he was only 3." :walk:

I believe he "kilt him a bar, when he was only 3." :walk:

 

 

"I hert him killt 2 bar when he was tree and with'im bar hands.":jump: In all seriousness, though, I think that this will be one heck of a game.

Only thing I know is they are 4A in a 5A State. I don't know if 5A is biggest or smallest class. They went 4-6 last year. Scored 187 points and gave up 212 points. Pitched 2 shutouts and were shutout twice.

FYI, 5A is the largest (public) class in Tenn.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.