Greeneville, TN @ Mercer Co. Predictions

jrider111

Who will win this game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Greeneville, Tenn.
    • Mercer County

I did some research and this is what I found out about the Greeneville High School Green Devils are out of Eastern Tennessee (between Pigeon Forge and Bristol)

-They are a Class 4A school in TN, with an enrollment of over 1,100

-Checking past records, they have floated right around .500, going 4-6 last year.

-They just hired a new head coach this year out of Asheville, NC. He won a state championship with his school in NC for the 2006 season. Apparently Greeneville went after him pretty serious, paying him a six-figure salary, boosters buying him a brand new truck, no teaching classes, etc.

-won 21-7 last week over Jefferson County HS (another 4A school)

-Offensively, they run the spread and look very good doing it.

It's hard to get a gauge on this game because of the unknown. Because it's at Mercer, I'll take the Titans by 5.

Scribe..

Greeneville looks to be a tough team. From the looks of them, they remind me a lot of some of those Boyle County teams a couple, few years back. You know, a team full of 180-200 pounders with a couple real big kids. They pass the "look test", that's for sure. I know this much, they don't have a HEAVY, sloppy looking kid on the team....and, that is saying something when one of their starting OT's is 6'6 315.

If I'm not mistaken I think Davey Crockett was born in Greenville, TN. Does that help any with the scouting report? :lol:

It does HATZ, we were wondering if it meant anything or not knowing that one of their kids on offense is always wearing a coon-skinned cap?!? haha

It does HATZ, we were wondering if it meant anything or not knowing that one of their kids on offense is always wearing a coon-skinned cap?!? haha

I believe he "kilt him a bar, when he was only 3." :walk:

Only thing I know is they are 4A in a 5A State. I don't know if 5A is biggest or smallest class. They went 4-6 last year. Scored 187 points and gave up 212 points. Pitched 2 shutouts and were shutout twice.

FYI, 5A is the largest (public) class in Tenn.