Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 49 Boyle Co. 21

Featured Replies

Final.

Wow!!:eek: :eek: This was a tale of two games, and I can't wait to see the numbers on this one! The game was tied at the end of the first half at 14-all. Then the defense grew green skin and fangs, and that was that. The final makes it look more lopsided than it actually was. There were two defensive TDs that I know of in the second half.

 

BGHS QB Trent Steelman was the Offensive Player of the Game. BGHS senior DB Austin Schlinke was the Defensive Player of the Game (*three* int's with one taken back I think 79 yards for a score).

 

Sophomore K Max Oldham set a new bowl record with seven PATs. Schlinke's three int's, total return yards, and single return (79 yards) were all new bowl records. I'm not sure on this one, but I think that Steelman had three TD passes that I know of, and that would tie the bowl record. I will know more about this one when I see the line score in the Park City tomorrow morning.

 

It was shaping up to be the best game in the bowl's history in the first half. Other than the outcome of the game, we hope that our visitors from Boyle County had a great time at the game!:D

Boyle Co will do battle with Henry Clay next week, while BGHS will travel to Louisville for Trinity's season opener.

Boyle Co will do battle with Henry Clay next week, while BGHS will travel to Louisville for Trinity's season opener.

Wow, looks like the purples are going to be a force to be reckoned with yet again this season. good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

  • Author

I listened to this one on Boyle's radio station. Bowling Green had some very nice, sustained, long second-half drives that were characterized by very good balance between the run and pass.

Trinity has a heck of a RB and will be hard for BG to contain. But i cant wait to see the outcome

PurpleHaze it was nice to meet you and your wife last night at the ballgame. Had a great time and goodluck for the rest of the season. :thumb:

 

 

Now about the game. I came away pleased as to what I seen from Boyle unill the turnover that BG ran back 92 yards in the 4th. quarter. Boyle was very much in the game, early in the 4th. quarter. Things just seem to get worse as the game drawed closer to end. The offence looks to be a step ahead of the Defence right now. The Offence had over 300 yards passings and around 150 rushing. Moving the chains was no problem, turnovers where what hurt the Rebels late in the game. Like I said I came away pleased with the effort and I look forward to the rest of the season. :bunny:

  • Author
PurpleHaze it was nice to meet you and your wife last night at the ballgame. Had a great time and goodluck for the rest of the season. :thumb:

 

 

Now about the game. I came away pleased as to what I seen from Boyle unill the turnover that BG ran back 92 yards in the 4th. quarter. Boyle was very much in the game, early in the 4th. quarter. Things just seem to get worse as the game drawed closer to end. The offence looks to be a step ahead of the Defence right now. The Offence had over 300 yards passings and around 150 rushing. Moving the chains was no problem, turnovers where what hurt the Rebels late in the game. Like I said I came away pleased with the effort and I look forward to the rest of the season. :bunny:

 

On that play, Boyle had the ball on the B.G. 4 yd. line, with a nice sustained drive. They were down 28-14, B.G. had just had a big 3rd quarter, but the drive had more or less slowed B.G.'s momentum. Boyle had the chance right there with about 8:30 to go to get back in the game. On 3rd and goal from the 4, the coach calls a reverse, and Crutchfield muffs it, resulting in the fumble recovery returned for the TD.

 

I am not a second-guesser of coaches ordinarily, but if that was indeed the play call, then Boyle was deprived of an opportunity to get back in the game.

Bowling Green has made a big statement for how strong 5A football will be this year.

I don't think how well a team does against Boyle Co. will be a good measuring stick. Still to many unknowns for the Rebles.

PurpleHaze it was nice to meet you and your wife last night at the ballgame. Had a great time and goodluck for the rest of the season. :thumb:

 

 

Now about the game. I came away pleased as to what I seen from Boyle unill the turnover that BG ran back 92 yards in the 4th. quarter. Boyle was very much in the game, early in the 4th. quarter. Things just seem to get worse as the game drawed closer to end. The offence looks to be a step ahead of the Defence right now. The Offence had over 300 yards passings and around 150 rushing. Moving the chains was no problem, turnovers where what hurt the Rebels late in the game. Like I said I came away pleased with the effort and I look forward to the rest of the season. :bunny:

 

It was so nice to meet you as well. You are a very kind and pleasant person!!! I hope to meet you again soon!

 

Rebel, Boyle played a remakable game!!! I hope they do as well as they did last night the rest of the year, with many wins!!

 

Great luck against Henry Clay next week....go for the win!!! Good luck to ALL teams this year!!! Play to have fun and to build memories!!!:dancingpa

On that play, Boyle had the ball on the B.G. 4 yd. line, with a nice sustained drive. They were down 28-14, B.G. had just had a big 3rd quarter, but the drive had more or less slowed B.G.'s momentum. Boyle had the chance right there with about 8:30 to go to get back in the game. On 3rd and goal from the 4, the coach calls a reverse, and Crutchfield muffs it, resulting in the fumble recovery returned for the TD.

 

I am not a second-guesser of coaches ordinarily, but if that was indeed the play call, then Boyle was deprived of an opportunity to get back in the game.

 

It wasn't a reverse. Boyle for the past 10 years has always ran a end around in every game, and have had success at it all the time. It's a play they run quite alot and practice often. To my view it would have worked on this attemp, but a bad exchanged spoiled it. To me this was the right time to call this play. Boyle was not deprived in any way of an opportunity to get back in the game. ;) It was nothing more than a couple of 16 year olds making a mistake at a very bad time.

I don't think how well a team does against Boyle Co. will be a good measuring stick. Still to many unknowns for the Rebles.

 

 

Were you at this game? Boyle did extremely well in their game with BG. I was really pleased to see some of the plays the young men came up with. I found myself cheering for both teams. As long as ANY team that does not win a game can come away with their heads held high should be very proud of the effert they made. Boyle deserves to hold their head up high after last nights game!!! There are times when you are more proud of the game that you lost than a game you won. The reason, because the game you lost, you might have played harder as a team than you did all year, and, indeed a more challenging game than you have played. These guys should be VERY proud thier game....as well as ALL the teams who won or lost last night!!!!

 

Good luck to ALL teams this year. Play to have fun and build memories!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.