N.E.K.C. standings and Related articles

Here are the N.E.K.C. (NorthEastern Kentucky Conference) game results from week 1 of the High School Football Season.

Russell vs Greenup County Game article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_237012745.html

Ashland vs Raceland Game Article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_237012653.html

Boyd County vs East Carter Game Article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_237012843.html

Lawrence County vs Coal Grove, OH Game Article:

It seems to be that Lawrence feel behind early and their wholehearted efforts feel short in the end. It seems that Goldsmith & Co. have them “Hitting Hard” again in Louisa and they will become more and more potent as the season progresses. They will be having a major measuring stick this coming week with Belfry on the schedule. Let’s see what happens when they show up this coming Friday and then other conference teams can start measuring up to Lawrence.

Player of the week:

Tyler Boyles of Raceland, 13-20 (1 td) 254 yards passing.

Honorable mention:

Rashard Carter of Ashland, 21 rushes for 228 yards

Tyler Jones of Russell, 96 yds rushing, 111 yds passing (1 td), 4 TDS.

Conference (W-L) Overall (W-L) PF PA

Russell Red Devils (1-0, 1-0, PF:45 PA:18)

Raceland Rams (1-0, 1-0, PF:23 PA:20)

Boyd County Lions (0-0, 0-0, PF:0 PA:7)

Lawrence County Bulldogs (0-0, 0-0, PF:20 PA:28)

Ashland Tomcats (0-1, 0-1, PF:20 PA:23)

Greenup County Musketeers (0-1, 0-1, PF:18 PA:45)

Next weeks matchups:

Russell (1-0) @ Boyd Co (0-1)

Pikeville (0-0) @ Ashland (0-1)

Letcher Co Central (0-1) @ Greenup (0-1)

Lawrence Co (0-1) @ Belfry (1-0)

Raceland (OPEN)

I want to apologize for the alignment of this post, I will try to make it more reader friendly in the future.

Just something I am doing myself to "stir up" interest in what I hope will become a true conference in the future.

Somebody said that the original N.E.K.C. football conference is now defunct so, I was just using the initials. If you don't think I should use it, let me know.

Just something I am doing myself to "stir up" interest in what I hope will become a true conference in the future.

Somebody said that the original N.E.K.C. football conference is now defunct so, I was just using the initials. If you don't think I should use it, let me know.

I have no problem with it, and I think what you are doing is great. It will generate a lot of interest from all of the NEKY poster are it. Thanks, and great job. :thumb:

I want to apologize for the alignment of this post, I will try to make it more reader friendly in the future.

Just a sugestion, use periods to space out stats. Such as:

Team.................Wins..................Losses....................Score

Raceland...............1........................0........................23-20

Russell..................1........................0........................45-18

That is the only way that I have been able to make tables on the forum, you have to post it, then go back and edit it to get things to line up, but it is easier to read.

..............................Conference............Overall....PF.......PA

Russell Red Devils..........1-0................. 1-0........45.......18

Raceland Rams..............1-0..................1-0........23.......20

Boyd County Lions..........0-0..................0-0........0.........7

Great job Dawgdays! This is going to be fun to follow. I think we should add a Coach of the Week and Defensive Player of the Week. My nominations are for Vanderhoof of Raceland(Coach) and Tyler Jones of Russell (Defensive).

To be honest, I would hate to choose any award that I was not able to compare numbers (defensive award and coaches). Since the Independent doesn't report those types of stats, then I will stay away from them. :lol:

If I learn how to do a poll, those would be great items to poll BGP'rs. I will look into this, and if anyone knows (let me know how!).:thumb:

If I learn how to do a poll, those would be great items to poll BGP'rs. I will look into this, and if anyone knows (let me know how!).:thumb:

To add a poll just start a new thread and at the bottom of the page, under the place you type, put a check in the box that says add poll. Under that box it asks you how many items you want in your poll, put the number of items you want. Click submit, then you can type the chooses for the poll.