Best team in Lexington?

I got to see Tates Creek's freshman team play this week.

I must say that when/if that program installs an offense to match their good-looking young players, that program will become a big winner. They have big, strong, fast athletes in their program. The three yards and a cloud of dust offense they currently run, went out with the hula-hoop!

I honestly do not understand how they have such a nice turnout in numbers for their football team. Someone is doing a great job of selling it. Imagine if they went to a spread, fast-break offense like some of their opponents have done.

Turn those thoroughbreds loose and continue to play that tough, hard-nosed defense. It is the potential formula for the top stop in Lexington.

I agree with you! I am excited to see what they do this season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to upset you but a W is a W.

You bet they do, but they are undeniably better than Dunbar.

Fine, if you want to say Tates Creek was better last year thats fine. Or even if you want to say Dunbar has to beat Tates Creek to prove they are better but to say Tates Creek is "undeniably better" is a far out stretch for this years team especially Tates Creek getting beat in the first week.

If the best in Lexington is a 6A school, they need to set their sights on a higher goal......being the best in Kentucky. Unfortunately from what I have seen, all Lexington 6A teams need to drastically improve this season to be competitive with (more than likely) their second round of the playoffs opponent, the Shamrocks of Trinity High School.

To all teams in Lexington.......raise your level of play!

Fine, if you want to say Tates Creek was better last year thats fine. Or even if you want to say Dunbar has to beat Tates Creek to prove they are better but to say Tates Creek is "undeniably better" is a far out stretch for this years team especially Tates Creek getting beat in the first week.

I think Dunbar has excellent athletes and is an great school. I just think Creek has made some changes within their program and are going to be pretty good this year. And Creek did sputter the first week as did quite a few teams. I could go on, but I don't want it to come out like I am putting anyone down. Some programs just need to make some adjustments. :)

Get off of Dunbar last season record. Tates Creek beat Dunbar 17-14 in Overtime last year. I'm not listening to anything saying Tates Creek is "undeniably" better than Dunbar. Maybe if Tates Creek had played MBA, Ryle, and PRP their record would have been a little worse too :rolleyes:

Wouldn't go that far with it G. If sparks didn't get hurt, they probably would've been a playoff team. If I were at Dunbar, I would enjoy the victory over station and look on to Corbin tonight as well as the rest of this year's schedule. Leaving last year out of any conversation as far as Dunbar goes would be a great start.

By the way, I picked Dunbar as the third best in Lexington behind Henry Clay and LexCath.

I think Dunbar has excellent athletes and is an great school. I just think Creek has made some changes within their program and are going to be pretty good this year. And Creek did sputter the first week as did quite a few teams. I could go on, but I don't want it to come out like I am putting anyone down. Some programs just need to make some adjustments. :)

I think you're trying to give the creekers to much credit for something they should've done right after "Heavy" left. Creek will continue to sputter because of their transition to modern day football. :jump:

Both will be fine, but Dunbar will return the favor at creek this year.

I think you're trying to give the creekers to much credit for something they should've done right after "Heavy" left. Creek will continue to sputter because of their transition to modern day football. :jump:

Both will be fine, but Dunbar will return the favor at creek this year.

That is what I am saying, I think they are making the transition and will continue to improve. And you are right, they probably should have started transitioning when Heavy was still there.