Boyle vs Bowling Green

Labman

Who wins this game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Boyle County
    • Bowling Green

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this game up. A recent source told me that on paper this is all Bowling Green. Too much talent and size.

Perhaps someone closer now to the program can tell me how the Rebels are faring? I've heard that they have a smallish squad and not that much speed. What is the story out of my alma mater this year?

I don't look for Boyle to win the game, but I do look for them to give Bowling Green a good game and keep it close. As far as making the trip down there, just can't get off from work to go.So good luck to you Rebel fans who do make the trip and be safe and have fun. Go Rebels!!!!:thumb:

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am hearing disturbing news that some of the issues that plagued last years team are starting to show their ugly heads already this season. I hate to hear this because I for one thought the Rebels would or could have a good season. How did others see the Madison cent. scrimmage?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I am hearing disturbing news that some of the issues that plagued last years team are starting to show their ugly heads already this season. I hate to hear this because I for one thought the Rebels would or could have a good season. How did others see the Madison cent. scrimmage?

I might get in trouble for this sarcastic note but it is ironic that last year the Boyle Faithful were told the problems were from the upperclassmen not liking the younger class playing as much as they were.

Well the upperclassmen are gone this year and there are still issues on the table? :rolleyes:

I think a big problem for Boyle this year is the fact they lost 3 starting defensive players that were starting sophomores last year. The leading tackler last year, Ben Sloan chose not to come back due to issues not disclosed. Cameron Finchum moved to Tenn or South Carolina. Jordan Walker quit last week due to health issues. These 3 players were big and fast and would have been some of the most dominate players on defense. After watching BC srimmage against Madison Central, I think they will struggle aganist Bowling Green's offense Saturday night. As far as Boyle's offense, they have a decent size line and if they can find the right QB to get the job done, I think they can move the ball Saturday night. If they go with Mason or Smith at QB, they could have two 6'5" receivers along with other capable receivers, such as Christain Williams, a first year player, but a great athlete.

They also, have speed in Dre Cox at running back and Cole Stevens is back this year after gaining 800+ yards last year as a junior. So, hopefully, the trip west will start off better than last year. I think all of our family is going down, so hope to see alot of black and gold in the stands.

I think a big problem for Boyle this year is the fact they lost 3 starting defensive players that were starting sophomores last year. The leading tackler last year, Ben Sloan chose not to come back due to issues not disclosed. Cameron Finchum moved to Tenn or South Carolina. Jordan Walker quit last week due to health issues. These 3 players were big and fast and would have been some of the most dominate players on defense. After watching BC srimmage against Madison Central, I think they will struggle aganist Bowling Green's offense Saturday night. As far as Boyle's offense, they have a decent size line and if they can find the right QB to get the job done, I think they can move the ball Saturday night. If they go with Mason or Smith at QB, they could have two 6'5" receivers along with other capable receivers, such as Christain Williams, a first year player, but a great athlete.

They also, have speed in Dre Cox at running back and Cole Stevens is back this year after gaining 800+ yards last year as a junior. So, hopefully, the trip west will start off better than last year. I think all of our family is going down, so hope to see alot of black and gold in the stands.

Welcome aboard Labman. I agree with everything you say. :thumb:

I was at the Madison Central scrimmage, with the practice jerseys and number changes it was hard to figure out who was who? There was one kid that stood out from all the rest to me and his number was #5 Lamar ?? . Huge kid that I fell Boyle has needed the past couple of years. He looks to be a heavy hitter for defence and a big back for offence. I look to see more playing time as the season goes on for him.