Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Full ride in baseball?

Featured Replies

Great article and how true it is. I have always said the same thing. Title IX is a double edged sword. Great for women sports and has opened up many opportunities for women sports. It has 100% discriminated against baseball. How is it fair for D1 baseball teams to be given only 11.7 scholarships when it requires a 30 man roster to play. Basketball and Softball teams are given the same amount when it requires only 15 or so to fill a roster. ( fewer in Basketball). I agree with the amount of scholarships with softball and basketball I just think they need to up the scholarships in baseball because of the amount of roster spots needed to fill a team.

Great article from Ron Polk. I followed Brad Corley, from Louisville PRP, when he went to Mississippi State. I had heard that a reason that he went to Mississippi State and not the University of Kentucky was that he got more money there. I believe that Corley is a very good student as well. Schools can blend in academic aid if the player is a good student. And yes, I could understand if baseball scholarships were strictly related to athletic budgets and the produced revenue of that sport; but there are too many examples to the contrary. By the way, I believe that Mississippi State’s average paid attendance for home games is around 5000. They were the first school that I am familiar with that offered live streaming video on the computer of all home games.

Coach Polk, has an excellent book about Baseball.

Coach Polk, has an excellent book about Baseball.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Great article.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.