Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing Week One Matchups

Featured Replies

These Were the Five Games that piqued my interest what are yours?

 

1. Campbell Co. vs. Tates Creek

2. St. Xavier vs. Ballard

3. Belfry vs. Corbin

4. Dixie Heights vs. Beechwood

5. Boyle Co. vs. Bowling Green

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Were the Five Games that piqued my interest what are yours?

 

1. Campbell Co. vs. Tates Creek

2. St. Xavier vs. Ballard

3. Belfry vs. Corbin

4. Dixie Heights vs. Beechwood

5. Boyle Co. vs. Bowling Green

Belfry vs. Corbin should be excellent.

Not in any order:

 

1. Belfry vs. Corbin

2. Evansville Reitz vs. O'Cath

3. Meade Co. vs. Fern Creek

4. East Jessamine vs. Western

5. Boyle Co. vs. Bowling Green

  • Author

I have the upmost respect for Coach Haywood having met him several times, and Coach Jewell's sister was my P.E. teacher growing up so this game has personal connotations for me as well as it matches two programs with excellent histories.

  • Author

I really think East Jess will surprise in 4-A but do they have the speed to match up with Western?

Dixie vs. Beechwood.

 

Dixie is a 5A school which means they should easily handle the Tigers right. ehhhhhh. Wrong. Beechwood destroyed the Colonels last year and the news out of some of the Tiger faithful is that this team could be even better than last years team. Their line has been reported as "monstrous" by more than one BGP insider so it should be an even match. The Colonels have a senior laden team that will be out for revenge after last year to say the least. The two schools are seperated by about 5 miles on the same road. It will be interesting to see who comes away with bragging rights in "The battle of Dixie Highway."

  • Author

I had the pleasure of playing at Dixie Heights one year and it was one of my favorite road trips I have ever made, where else can you smell Funnel Cakes while stretching? Also the field was immaculate.

 

P.S. Is Hoffman from Beechwood getting any D-1 looks?

I really think East Jess will surprise in 4-A but do they have the speed to match up with Western?

 

Western lost all its speed, right?

  • Author

Supposedly they have some very quick guys like Delandre Woods and Joe Cardine (SP?)

Hopkinsville and Trigg County play for the first time since 1979 in the second game of the Jerry Claiborne/Toyota of Hopkinsville Bowl at the Stadium of Champions. Hoptown has never lost to Trigg County in 16 career meetings, although they have tied once. Hoptown is coached by Dixie Jones. Trigg by Shannon Burcham. Burcham played for Jones in the late 1980s. Both have been the head coach at Madisonville for a season before moving on. It will be the first time Jones has coached against his former school.

Does Trigg have the horses to pull an upset this year?
They have a few injuries to overcome and appear more thin on the line than expected. They have some size and speed on the line, but only three starters back and one is hurt. If I'm Trigg, I had rather be opening with Christian County than Hopkinsville, but anything can happen in the first game of the year.
I had the pleasure of playing at Dixie Heights one year and it was one of my favorite road trips I have ever made, where else can you smell Funnel Cakes while stretching? Also the field was immaculate.

 

I think your last comment gave away the year you traveled there. Otherwise, you must be used to playing on really crappy fields. :lol:

  • Author

^I loved my home stadium, but it was very 'historic' to be kind, it was partially condemned my junior year, and we had a very pronounced crown also. I just remember the atmosphere was excellent and by field I meant the stadium set up in general, but the field from my memory was nice, I played there in 2000.

I see the Montgomercy Co / GRC match up in the Rec. Bowl on Aug 25th as a good one. This will be a very tough contest given the schools rivalry in the past. This will also be a great view of what to expect for the rest of the season (For both schools). I look for a physical contest, with GRC pulling away late in the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.