BGP Expansion League - Draft Round Seven

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookies :laugh:

I don't think it's a big deal as far as the bye weeks. I mean I'd much rather have my entire team at full strength for 13 weeks or whatever it is, than have one or two of my big names missing one week, two others missing teh next and so forth. JMO, but I think too much is often made over bye weeks.

The only time bye weeks come into play IMO is if you play a divisional opponent on a week when you're gutted. In the long run, no, bye weeks are not as important. But in a league where you need to finish at the top of your division to be safe, a division loss can be killer.

At least I think. The eliminations next year are going to be based on that type of stuff, right?

I don't think it's a big deal as far as the bye weeks. I mean I'd much rather have my entire team at full strength for 13 weeks or whatever it is, than have one or two of my big names missing one week, two others missing teh next and so forth. JMO, but I think too much is often made over bye weeks.

9/10 times thats a rookie mistake. Late in the year you might need 1-2 wins to get in the playoffs. If you have multiple starters of the same position out.. unless your LUCKY.. those are all but certain losses.

9/10 times thats a rookie mistake. Late in the year you might need 1-2 wins to get in the playoffs. If you have multiple starters of the same position out.. unless your LUCKY.. those are all but certain losses.

It could be potentially bad if the bye weeks were all week 10, yes. But other than that, it's not a big deal IMO.

It could be potentially bad if the bye weeks were all week 10, yes. But other than that, it's not a big deal IMO.

You will understand more what i'm saying once we start playing. There might be a week or 2 where if you win your in, lose your out. It can all come down to that.

You will understand more what i'm saying once we start playing. There might be a week or 2 where if you win your in, lose your out. It can all come down to that.

What about the other 12 weeks that you played and 3 of them you lost by 5 points and if you would have drafted the better player over someone who had a different bye week then you wouldn't need that extra win. It works both ways.

What about the other 12 weeks that you played and 3 of them you lost by 5 points and if you would have drafted the better player over someone who had a different bye week then you wouldn't need that extra win. It works both ways.

:thumb: Would you draft a player who averages about 5-10 points less than another available player just because they have a different bye week? I know I wouldn't.

You better hope you win all those 12 weeks when you were expected too. You certainly don't want to bank on the few weeks your guys of multiple positions are on byes.

This merits a repost:

01 – Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) - San Diego Chargers DST

02 – Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - Ben Watson TE, NE

03 – Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) - Chester Taylor RB, Min

04 – Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) - Verand Morency RB, GB

05 – Cincinnati Spartan Warriors (Sportz Addict) - Ladell Betts RB, Was

06 – Russell - Flatwoods Breakmen (goherd96) - Green Bay D/ST

07 – Lagrange Lifers (Orangesaregood) - Miami D/ST

08 – Jungle Junkies (HammerTime) - Lendale White, RB, TEN

09 – Owensboro Oilers (strike-3) - (OTC)

10 – Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) -

11 – Pikeville Red Dawgs (SVfan4life) -

12 – Rabbit Hash Rowdies (Theoldguy) -

13 – Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

14 – Bellevue Thoroughbreds (98NCCalum) -

15 – Louisville Wildcats (C-A-T-S) -

16 – BG Trash Talkers (DragonFire) -

Loading your team with players from one bye week not only hurts you that week, but other teams especially if you are playing out of your division. If in my division me and another team are fighting for first place and I get you on the week that your team is on bye, I luck out big time, but the other team is screwed...... In another on-line league that I have played in since 93 the rule states that if you don't have a full lineup you lose 30 points for each position that you don't fill. While it might be just one lose, if you don't have three or four positions filled that week, you could lose better than 100 points and the first tie breaker in that league is total points scored...:thumb:

Well obviously, you need to have enough players to fill out your lineup, but when it comes to your starters I just don't think it matters all that much. If you 4 RBs and 3 of them have the same bye week, yeah then you're pretty much screwed, but not if only 2 of them do.