2A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Guest Bluto

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect many of the top teams in 2A to have multiple losses this year.

Most of the top teams have gone out and schedule games with larger schools and 5-5 or 6-4 might be quite good considering the schedule.

Owesnboro Catholic could find themselves in that position. That being said I wouldn't want to see them early in the playoffs.

Of the top 10 who has the toughest schedule???

Owensboro Catholic has to be up there.

Evansville F.J. Reitz, IN Home 5A finished #12

Owensboro Away 5A #6

South Spencer, IN Home 2A finished #15

Apollo Home 6A

Hancock County Away 2A

Todd County Central Away 2A

Warren East Away 4A #9

Fort Campbell Home 2A #3

Madisonville-North Hopkins Home 6A

Daviess County Home 6A

Bardstown returns their quarterback, some good fullbacks, their leading tailback, 4 of 5 offensive lineman, and about 1/2 their defense. They need to replace some linebackers and Wenquel Graves, but I think they will be very tough to contend with.

Have also heard about some transfer they have from out of state 6'1" and 200+ and previously recruited by the SEC, anyone know anything about that????

Bardstown returns their quarterback, some good fullbacks, their leading tailback, 4 of 5 offensive lineman, and about 1/2 their defense. They need to replace some linebackers and Wenquel Graves, but I think they will be very tough to contend with.

Have also heard about some transfer they have from out of state 6'1" and 200+ and previously recruited by the SEC, anyone know anything about that????

His name is Nate Curry. Originally from Florida, he will be a senior this year. He plays corner and WR. He should be able to help the tigers this year. There is also a transfer from Spencer co. He plays WR and corner also.

The most competetive district across the board this year may be the one that contains Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Glasgow, and Green County. Metcalfe has been dominant in recent years, but I expect Glasgow to be back up this year, and I expect Green County to be very solid as well.

Bardstown and Newport Central Catholic both have extremely difficult schedules. Danville's is no slouch, either.

Newport Central Catholic Schedule 2007

Aug. 25 SIMON KENTON (6A)

Sep. 1 @ Cov Cath (5A)

Sep. 7 @ Ryle (6A)

Sep. 14 BELLEVUE (1A)

Sep. 21 HOLY CROSS(Cov.)* (2A)

BYE

Oct. 5 @ Newport* (2A)

Oct. 12 CONNER (6A)

Oct. 19 @ Lloyd* (2A)

Oct. 26 CAMPBELL COUNTY (6A)

Nov. 2 @ Beechwood (1A)

*district games

At a glance...It starts off rough playing much bigger schools, then district play with more big schools intermixed before ending with Beechwood.

Simon Kenton, a usual scrimmage, is a 6A school first week. Then they hit the road with no introduction needed State Champion CovCath and State Runner up Ryle. Home games against Bellevue and Holy Cross (Cov.) before a much needed BYE week. They resume district play traveling a long distance to Newport :lol: :lol: . Home against 6A Conner. At district opponent and a familiar coach (Yeagle) with a not so familiar team in Lloyd. Home against 6A and much improved since the last time they met Campbell County. And finally playing at Beechwood, a game that will feel like the playoffs before the playoffs.

:flame: Schneider isn't backing down again this year and I wouldn't be surprised if the Thoroughbreds don't take a couple on the chin before making another deep playoff run. :dancingpa