Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Expansion League – Draft Round Five

Featured Replies

01 – Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) - Chris Cooley TE, Was

02 – Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - Santana Moss WR, Was

03 – Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) - Matt Leinhart QB, Ari

04 – Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) - Jay Cutler, QB, DEN

05 – Cincinnati Spartan Warriors (Sportz Addict) - Laveranues Coles WR, NYJ

 

06 – Russell - Flatwoods Breakmen (goherd96) - (OTC)

 

07 – Lagrange Lifers (Orangesaregood) -

08 – Jungle Junkies (HammerTime) -

09 – Owensboro Oilers (strike-3) -

10 – Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) -

11 – Pikeville Red Dawgs (SVfan4life) -

12 – Rabbit Hash Rowdies (Theoldguy) -

13 – Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

14 – Bellevue Thoroughbreds (98NCCalum) -

15 – Louisville Wildcats (C-A-T-S) -

16 – BG Trash Talkers (DragonFire) -

  • Replies 105
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lavernous Coles, WR, NYJ

 

Picked Tony Gonzales assuming he would be here in round 5.. i'm happy.

 

You're lucky cause he was my next pick...:irked:

Lavernous Coles, WR, NYJ

 

Picked Tony Gonzales assuming he would be here in round 5.. i'm happy.

 

 

I almost picked Coles instead of Jackson last round. He's nothing if not consistent. Nice pick.

And Pennington loves throwing to him...

I almost picked Coles instead of Jackson last round. He's nothing if not consistent. Nice pick.

 

I had several guys I was considering...Coles, Ward, Darrell Jackson, Santana Moss, Braylon Edwards...I think they're all likely to give similar production. I picked Moss because I think he's got the biggest upside...I think Coles and Ward are probably the safest picks. Edwards is a talent, but Cleveland's offense and QB situation scare me. Darrell Jackson could be an overachiever this year if he stays healthy, because I expect he'll get a lot of balls thrown his way in that 'Niner offense. Moss is always an injury risk, but when he's healthy and teamed with an adequate QB and offense, he can put up some nice numbers and he's an explosive big-play threat. He had almost 1,500 yards receiving in the not too distant past. I guess I'm banking on Jason Campbell being a solid NFL starter, and on the Redskins offense becoming more productive with another year under Offensive Co-ordinator Al Saunders (I'm hoping he can resurrect some of that ol' KC Chief offensive glory).

I have it down to two players and am torn...:confused:

I almost picked Coles instead of Jackson last round. He's nothing if not consistent. Nice pick.

 

He puts up great numbers, just not great TD's. But with Thomas Jones helping the running game and the emergence of Cotchery I don't think he will be doubled as much. He was at one time, the fastest guy in the league.

You're lucky cause he was my next pick...:irked:

 

I was very fortunate with that 5th pick.. probably wouldn't have had Shaun at 6 either.

Well, if I can't have Coles, I'll take the next best thing...

 

With their fifth pick in the 2007 BGP Expansion League Draft, the Russell - Flatwoods Breakmen Select...

 

Jerricho Cotchery, WR - NYJ

 

Oranges is OTC...

I feel the Jets offense will be pretty good this year. The addition of Thomas Jones should open up the passing game quite a bit and, with their defense, they will probably have to score a bunch of points most weeks...

Well, if I can't have Coles, I'll take the next best thing...

 

With their fifth pick in the 2007 BGP Expansion League Draft, the Russell - Flatwoods Breakmen Select...

 

Jerricho Cotchery, WR - NYJ

 

Oranges is OTC...

 

He was solid last year also.. almost identical numbers I believe.

Most of the projections I saw had them rated very closely for this season too...usually within 5 slots of each other with one having him just ahead of Coles.

:thumb: Solid pick Goherd, little suprised he went this early, but a solid player none the less.

01 – Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) - Chris Cooley TE, Was

02 – Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - Santana Moss WR, Was

03 – Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) - Matt Leinhart QB, Ari

04 – Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) - Jay Cutler, QB, DEN

05 – Cincinnati Spartan Warriors (Sportz Addict) - Laveranues Coles WR, NYJ

06 – Russell - Flatwoods Breakmen (goherd96) - Jerricho Cotchery, WR - NYJ

 

07 – Lagrange Lifers (Orangesaregood) - (OTC)

 

08 – Jungle Junkies (HammerTime) -

09 – Owensboro Oilers (strike-3) -

10 – Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) -

11 – Pikeville Red Dawgs (SVfan4life) -

12 – Rabbit Hash Rowdies (Theoldguy) -

13 – Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

14 – Bellevue Thoroughbreds (98NCCalum) -

15 – Louisville Wildcats (C-A-T-S) -

16 – BG Trash Talkers (DragonFire) -

:thumb: Solid pick Goherd, little suprised he went this early, but a solid player none the less.

 

Well the receiver pool is getting mighty shallow, especially with my draft strategy. It was essentially down to him and one other, felt more comfortable with this one after soliciting some outside opinions. Trust me, the war room was abuzz with activity and ideas before this one. Of course SA could have made it much easier if he hadn't picked Coles. But then again, it seems I have went against conventional wisdom more than once in this draft. Hopefully, my strategy and selections prove out over the course of the season...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.