Pick your Class 2 A Preseason Top Ten...

District-2-1- Caldwell County, Heath, Murray, Reidland, Trigg County

District-2-2- Fort Campbell, Hancock County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

District-2-3- Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District-2-4- Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

District-2-5- Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Owen County

District-2-6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District-2-7- Bath County, Morgan County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

District-2-8- Corbin, Knott County Central, Leslie County, Middlesboro

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.New Cath

2.O Cath

3.Bardstown.

4.Newport

5.Danville

6.Cov Holy Cross

7.Fort Cambell

8.Caldwell Co.

9.Metcalfe Co.

10.Hancock Co.

Considering you have no teams more than 10 miles east of I-75, I presume you don't have alot of information regarding the mountain region.

Corbin and Pburg are very safe choices for any 2A Top 10 list.

:thumb:

I hope the pre- seaon hype is correct, but I don't see how you can lose a coach and a player of Wenquel Graves caliber easy to rebound to a # 1 pre season rating. B-town has a lot of players back, but a very tough schedule of much bigger non conference teams

1. Danville

2. NewCath

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Bardstown

5. Fort Campbell

6. Corbin

7. Prestonsburg

8. Trigg County

9. Middlesboro

10. DeSales

Of course, I have a little inside info...;)

That's an excellent list Scribe! After seeing Middlesboro in the state quarterfinals last season, and knowing how many skilled players they lost (their defense was horrible as it was) I really don't think they will be a top 10 calibur team this year though.

Maybe Metcalfe or Monroe at #9 but there is a big drop off after #8 IMO.

I agree completely... I think that this could prove to be one of the most interesting classes though as you get most of the previous 1A Superpowers, and although you may not get the most dominating 2A programs, you still get pretty much the best of the rest.

In the new 1A and the new 3A it seems you have only 3 or 4 teams that stick out as being in a different league than the rest, this class is a bit more intriguing.

Danville, B-town, Newcath

NCC will be down alot in the beginnig of the year they play a tough beginning schedule.. Many people will go away from them but this team will be alot like last year and will come on strong at the end... Danville looked very good last year and should have won the title!!! However i am not really sure what they lost

Bardstown has a really tough schedule. I would re-evaluate them mid-season before assigning any ranking. Danville lost almost all of its starters, particularly on the line. While I am sure that Sam has another eschelon coming, that is another team that I would like to look at after game 5-6. My recollection is that Corbin and NCC have a lot of experience returning. Hard to argue against Corbin's QB.