Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick your Class 2 A Preseason Top Ten...

Featured Replies

That's an excellent list Scribe! After seeing Middlesboro in the state quarterfinals last season, and knowing how many skilled players they lost (their defense was horrible as it was) I really don't think they will be a top 10 calibur team this year though.

 

 

Middlesboro did not lose but two skilled players, as for not being in the top ten only time will tell.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middlesboro lost Earls,Ford, Hoskins, and the linebacker #22. Thats a pretty big chunk of a team. As for P-Burg being so high, well, I can't figure that out either. I think Leslie Co. should be ranked ahead of both of these teams. But I guess these polls are all just popularity contests anyway. Heres mine:

 

1. Danville

2. Corbin

3. Newport Central Catholic

4. Owensboro Catholic

5. Bardstown

6. Fort Campbell

7. Leslie Co.

8. Cov Holy Cross

9. Prestonsburg

10. Trigg Co.

Didn't Cov Holy Cross lose quite a few seniors last season? Just wondering because they seem to be showing up in a lot of Top 10's....They could finish 4th in their district IMO...

1.New Cath

2.O Cath

3.Bardstown.

4.Newport

5.Danville

6.Cov Holy Cross

7.Fort Cambell

8.Caldwell Co.

9.Metcalfe Co.

10.Hancock Co.

 

NewCath lost a ton from last year.

I look forward to the Bardstown@Danville game. I think it will be a Close one or a blowout because I dont think that Danville has the weapons to beat Bardstown this year. Bardstown just has to much talent returning. This years seniors have bem winning championships since their 8th grade year. Look out for the Tigers to take Class 2A by a storm.

  • Author
Considering you have no teams more than 10 miles east of I-75, I presume you don't have alot of information regarding the mountain region.

 

Corbin and Pburg are very safe choices for any 2A Top 10 list.

 

:thumb:

 

 

Yea your right,I do not have alot of info about the Mountain region,And also Im trying to get this new 2A figured out.I don't know anything about Pburg and I totally over looked Corbin.

 

Once we get this season rolling it will be exciting keeping up with the New 2A.

 

BYW No disrespect Intended to The Mountain Region.

Good luck to all teams this year...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

  • Author
NewCath lost a ton from last year.

I got to go with the defending Champs.:thumb:

  • Author
Don't be so careful Adopted, Danville and Bardstown go #1 and #2, everybody else brings up the rear.:flame: :dancingpa

 

There is enough presure on these guys already.Danville lost a bunch of starters/Seniors from last years team.This team will be fine as long as they don't get to Cocky...TCB/Just Take Care Of Business...:thumb:

  • Author
I look forward to the Bardstown@Danville game. I think it will be a Close one or a blowout because I dont think that Danville has the weapons to beat Bardstown this year. Bardstown just has to much talent returning. This years seniors have bem winning championships since their 8th grade year. Look out for the Tigers to take Class 2A by a storm.

 

 

Only Time will Tell...:thumb:

I look forward to the Bardstown@Danville game. I think it will be a Close one or a blowout because I dont think that Danville has the weapons to beat Bardstown this year. Bardstown just has to much talent returning. This years seniors have bem winning championships since their 8th grade year. Look out for the Tigers to take Class 2A by a storm.

 

Danville will have the weapons. Part of Bardstown's problem has always been being overconfident going into big games such as this one. Maybe "all these returning stars" getting smacked around a bit before the Danville game will have returned them to humble, like they were just before the '05 Region Championship. Humble is good, Inside Man.

  • Author
Bardstown has a really tough schedule. I would re-evaluate them mid-season before assigning any ranking. Danville lost almost all of its starters, particularly on the line. While I am sure that Sam has another eschelon coming, that is another team that I would like to look at after game 5-6. My recollection is that Corbin and NCC have a lot of experience returning. Hard to argue against Corbin's QB.

 

 

Good Lord who made that Schedule? That has to be in the top 10 Toughest Schedule's in all of the Classes. :eek:

Middlesboro lost Earls,Ford, Hoskins, and the linebacker #22. Thats a pretty big chunk of a team. As for P-Burg being so high, well, I can't figure that out either. I think Leslie Co. should be ranked ahead of both of these teams. But I guess these polls are all just popularity contests anyway. Heres mine:

 

QUOTE]

I personally would put Pburg ahead of Leslie because of these laurels:

 

1. Pburg was a very young team last season and improved as the season went, they gave Belfry arguably as good of a game as Middlesboro, the district champion from Leslie County's district.

 

2. Over the past five years, Leslie has had a better record than Pburg a few of those years, but Pburg has always seemed to play a tougher schedule and advance deeper in the playoffs.

 

3. Prestonsburg did not lose very much at all from last season, it's my personal opinion they were as equally as good if not better than Leslie last season, thus unless Leslie returns everythign from last year's team (which I know they don't) I can't see putting them ahead of Pburg at the ebginning of the season.

1. New Cath

2. Danville

3. O. Cath

4. Bardstown

5. Prestonsburg

6. Newport

7. Corbin

8. Cov. H.C.

9. Ft. campbell

10.Trigg Co.

Good Lord who made that Schedule? That has to be in the top 10 Toughest Schedule's in all of the Classes. :eek:

 

Noone would play them. David Clark had a heck of a time getting any teams in his own classes who would bite.

Bardstown will be a well tested and seasoned team by the time Danville rolls around, but the game is in Danville, at this time I have to give the nod to my Tigers, because of strength of schedule, and I hope of hunger for another state crown

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.