Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Players In The 13th Region.

Featured Replies

Desmond Johnson - Cumberland

Josh Crawford - Corbin

Nick Brumback - Jackson County

Dustin Day - Pineville

Brock Leisge - Cumberland

Garfield Wilson - Cumberland

Josh Seidel - North Laurel

Justin Hobbs - Clay County

Nick smith - Middlesboro

James Strange - Pineville

 

Cody miller - Knox Central

Cody Messer - Barbourville

Nick Shannon - North Laurel

Josh Caldwell - Cawood

Brooks Hogue - Cumberland

Adam Rhymer - Cawood

Josh Whitaker - Bell County

Madison Johnson - Corbin

Shawnta Zachary - Bell County

St John - South Laurel

 

I would also move Madison Johnson up on the list. Also I think Whitaker is a little better than a couple you have in front of him. No way is miller the 11th best player in this region. Top 5 easy.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desmond Johnson - Cumberland

Josh Crawford - Corbin

Nick Brumback - Jackson County

Dustin Day - Pineville

Brock Leisge - Cumberland

Garfield Wilson - Cumberland

Josh Seidel - North Laurel

Justin Hobbs - Clay County

Nick smith - Middlesboro

James Strange - Pineville

 

Cody miller - Knox Central

Cody Messer - Barbourville

Nick Shannon - North Laurel

Josh Caldwell - Cawood

Brooks Hogue - Cumberland

Adam Rhymer - Cawood

Josh Whitaker - Bell County

Madison Johnson - Corbin

Shawnta Zachary - Bell County

St John - South Laurel

 

 

You said LMB was biased in his ratings and I would say you are a little biased with Cumberland. Cumberland will be great this year and will be one of the teams to beat. But no way do they have 3 of the top 6 players. Johnson is the only player in the top 6.

 

Johnson-Cumberland

Crawford-Corbin

Miller-KC

Day-Pinville

Brumback-Jackson Co

Siedel-NL

Leisge-Cumberland

Strange-Pineville

Greene-Mboro

Hobbs-Clay

Johnson-Corbin

Whitaker-KC

Rhymer-Cawood

Smith-Mboro

Zachary-Bell

 

My top 15. Just my opinion though.

You said LMB was biased in his ratings and I would say you are a little biased with Cumberland. Cumberland will be great this year and will be one of the teams to beat. But no way do they have 3 of the top 6 players. Johnson is the only player in the top 6.

 

Johnson-Cumberland

Crawford-Corbin

Miller-KC

Day-Pinville

Brumback-Jackson Co

Siedel-NL

Leisge-Cumberland

Strange-Pineville

Greene-Mboro

Hobbs-Clay

Johnson-Corbin

Whitaker-KC

Rhymer-Cawood

Smith-Mboro

Zachary-Bell

 

My top 15. Just my opinion though.

I think you are putting some of the sophomores a little too high and not showing enough love for some of the upper classmen. They will be very good as they mature, but may not quite be as good yet as you are giving them credit for. I have seen a few sophomore slumps in my time and in the overall growth process the sophomore year is a tough one for most young kids. As for the Cumberland bias, I may have Wilson a little too high right now due to his potential, but I think by March of next year you will see things a little differently. It's all good discussion however and I respect your opinion

Not all sophmores are that young. My cousin is a senior at Middlesboro and Greene is older than her.

Welcome to BGP bbplayer3 and be sure, to visit the New Member forum.

You said LMB was biased in his ratings and I would say you are a little biased with Cumberland. Cumberland will be great this year and will be one of the teams to beat. But no way do they have 3 of the top 6 players. Johnson is the only player in the top 6.

 

Johnson-Cumberland

Crawford-Corbin

Miller-KC

Day-Pinville

Brumback-Jackson Co

Siedel-NL

Leisge-Cumberland

Strange-Pineville

Greene-Mboro

Hobbs-Clay

Johnson-Corbin

Whitaker-KC

Rhymer-Cawood

Smith-Mboro

Zachary-Bell

 

My top 15. Just my opinion though.

 

That's a good list. You have all the Cats' Pause top 10 in there except for St. John of South Laurel. I'd work Caldwell and St. John in there somewhere.

That's a good list. You have all the Cats' Pause top 10 in there except for St. John of South Laurel. I'd work Caldwell and St. John in there somewhere.

 

 

Dang it I knew I was forgetting someone. I am not sure where I would put him right now. I would put Caldwell below Rhymer or right ahead of him. I don't think he can take over a game like Rhymer can yet. I am not saying he will not just not yet. He needs a good mid range jumper. Has he developed that yet HDE? I did not get a chance to see Cawood play this summer.

I think you are putting some of the sophomores a little too high and not showing enough love for some of the upper classmen. They will be very good as they mature, but may not quite be as good yet as you are giving them credit for. I have seen a few sophomore slumps in my time and in the overall growth process the sophomore year is a tough one for most young kids. As for the Cumberland bias, I may have Wilson a little too high right now due to his potential, but I think by March of next year you will see things a little differently. It's all good discussion however and I respect your opinion

 

 

Sometimes I guess I look at prospect info, some of the sophs in there could be really good. I am not saying Wilson will not be in there because by end or even midway through the year things could change. If he would have played last year I am sure that would have made a difference. If he is as good as you say he is then he will probably be in the top ten. I caught his name in the paper a couple of times this summer leading the Skins in scoring so he must be pretty good, and he gives them that added big man they needed this past year to go along with Johnson.

Desmond Johnson - Cumberland

Josh Crawford - Corbin

Nick Brumback - Jackson County

Dustin Day - Pineville

Brock Leisge - Cumberland

Garfield Wilson - Cumberland

Josh Seidel - North Laurel

Justin Hobbs - Clay County

Nick Smith - Middlesboro

Cody Miller - Knox Central

Cody Messer - Barbourville

Josh Caldwell - Cawood

South Laurel's Billy Jones should be in there. Coming off a knee injury and has had a great summer along with Matt Gilbert.

 

Cumberland is team to beat, though with Corbin, Central and South Laurel, following suit.

1. Crawford - Corbin

2. Johnson - Cumberland

3. Day - Pineville

4. Miller - KC

5. Brumback - Jackson Co.

6. Leisge - Cumberland

7. Jones - South Laurel

8. Strange - Pineville

9. Zachary - Bell Co.

10. Caldwell - Cawood

I like you top 10 4CHS. South's Billy Jones is a whole lot better than people are giving credit. Crawford is the best, IMO. But good top 10.

1.Desmond Johnson-Cumberland

2.Josh Crawford-Corbin

3.Dustin Day-Pineville

4.James Strange-Pineville

5.Brock Leisge-Cumberland

 

 

BTW I'm not a 13th region guy but this is my top 5 just from what i've seen.

A guy who didn't play last year isn't going to make a preseason list, so that leaves out Jones and Wilson. St. John was the first player from South that most of the coaches mentioned.

Crawford and Johnson are 1 and 2. Day and Brumback are probably next. There is a lot a beef in this crew.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.