Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC Basketball Update

Featured Replies

I'll start with the new guys.

 

4 of the 6 from the 07 class moved in last weekend and I took in both Summer League games this weekend and heard a lot about there closed gym performances over the first week. Just thought I'd pass along a few things for those interested.

 

Alvin Mitchell is as good as advertised and very well could be a lot better than that. He's a legit 6'4 at worst and easily 220. As a SG that's a big time build out top. Quiet kid with a very confident bounce in his step. His energy is what jumps out at you the most. The Vaughn/Mitchell back court is something to get excited about.

 

Larry Davis showed me a lot more than I expected. He was sold as a combo guard and I tend to lump those types in a "shooting guard forced to play the point at the next level" group. He's going to need at least a year of work to get there, but I think he can be a very solid backup for Vaughn. Building from there as a shooter is icing on the cake.

 

Rashad Bishop got to town with about 15 pounds of muscle added from what I saw this winter. His arms were way more developed than I expected. Bishop is fighting a bit of tendinitis in his knee and hasn't seen a lot of time in open gym or the games this weekend. He's going to be a very solid addition on the wing at 6'6"/225, but it makes a lot of sense to hold him back at this point.

 

Kenny Belton is the guy that has caught the most flack in the recruiting process and again did so this weekend. He rolled his ankle Wednesday in open gym, but he was out there this weekend until he rolled the same ankle early in the 2nd half today. At 6'8" 255 he's a bit bottom heavy and clearly needs the help of a D1 weight program.

 

McClain is expected in town the 2nd week of July.

 

From everything I know Jason Henry will not be a Bearcat and there is a VERY solid plan in place to cover his open slot. I'll pass that along when I can.

 

If you guys want some info on the returning players and where they are let me know. Just thought I'd give an update on the new guys hitting town...

  • Author

I guess there's no need to add more... :lol:

I guess there's no need to add more... :lol:

Hey I did see the coach on TV last night. Out all 3 of the 11:30 sports shows I found myself tuned into him the most. I like his energy.

  • Author
Hey I did see the coach on TV last night. Out all 3 of the 11:30 sports shows I found myself tuned into him the most. I like his energy.

Mick is everything the UK fans love in BCG. He works every angle on the recruiting trail and he knows he has a lot to prove as a high major coach. The future is very bright at UC...

Mick is everything the UK fans love in BCG. He works every angle on the recruiting trail and he knows he has a lot to prove as a high major coach. The future is very bright at UC...

I agree. I've been a UC fan since the Pat Cummings era. I am looking forward to their return to national prominence:thumb:

Sounds like UC is back on track GT

 

I would love it if he plays Tosu and beats them. are they on the schedule anytime soon?

  • Author

I would love it if he plays Tosu and beats them. are they on the schedule anytime soon?

Yeah right. They waited for the one time in 40 years they knew they could win, and they got their beat down. No chance you'll see Thad schedule Mick now that things are back on track...

Yeah right. They waited for the one time in 40 years they knew they could win, and they got their beat down. No chance you'll see Thad schedule Mick now that things are back on track...

Maybe the politicians can step in:D

  • Author
Maybe the politicians can step in:D

If only there were a few more UC grads in that group... :lol:

If only there were a few more UC grads in that group... :lol:

They could run on that platform. It sure would have been a great series over the years. I would have loved to have seen a Huggs / Ayers confrontation.

I agree. I've been a UC fan since the Pat Cummings era. :

 

Don't forget Big Bob Miller and Steve Collier !

Don't forget Big Bob Miller and Steve Collier !

The leader Gale Catlett. I found out years later that Catlett was the fans choice to take over for Rupp.

  • Author

Alvin Mitchell was amazing tonight at the Summer League. I know you have to take these performances in perspective, but WOW...

Alvin Mitchell was amazing tonight at the Summer League. I know you have to take these performances in perspective, but WOW...

 

 

It's good to see UC getting back to where they belong, but as you said, people need to keep in mind that the likes of Josh Carrier was "legendary" at summer pickup games....

  • Author
It's good to see UC getting back to where they belong, but as you said, people need to keep in mind that the likes of Josh Carrier was "legendary" at summer pickup games....

The good news is that Mitchell is a real physical specimen and Josh Carrier is, well, Josh Carrier... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.