Morgan County searching for a head football coach, Round 3

Nets

Morgan County is seeking a head football coach once again. With the previous thread talking about what was thought to be a filled position, I figured this thread could serve as a possible avenue to discuss potential assistants and head coaches that could be interested in the Cougar football program.

Morgan Co. returns 27 of 35 rostered players, excluding incoming Freshman.

The Cougars have a favorable home schedule and 4 team district.

Please send a PM for any additional info.

Morgan County is seeking a head football coach once again. With the previous thread talking about what was thought to be a filled position, I figured this thread could serve as a possible avenue to discuss potential assistants and head coaches that could be interested in the Cougar football program.

Morgan Co. returns 27 of 35 rostered players, excluding incoming Freshman.

The Cougars have a favorable home schedule and 4 team district.

Please send a PM for any additional info.

What's their schedule?

It's posted on KHSAA. I'll try to remember...it's favorable in a sense that they have 6 total home games.

Powell

Prestonsburg

Bath County

Fairview

East Carter

Clay County

Road games are: Rowan Co., Magoffin Co., West Carter, and Shelby Valley

Are they opening it up to everyone again or will they go for coaches they have interviewed in previuos rounds?

Do they have assistant coaches that may be able to take over for a one year term and be successful?

Its got to be tough on the kids and when they do hire, it'll be hard for the kids to believe in this man unless he is already proved himself by moving or renting or something.

Good Luck AD and administration on hiring a quality coach that actually wants to be there.

Assistant positions isn't a bad deal. Not a lot of programs give that much, however I have seen where schools give 4-8 assistants 10% of their salary (teaching) or for a paraprofessional 10% of a first year teacher. But I also seen schools who give only 2 paid assistants at 1500 a piece. Coach B, it sounds like you are one of them.

The head coaching pay isn't as impressive. They should at least give 8 to 10 G's to lure in a quality head guy.

What is Morgan County's budget?

They actually get $1250 over here. The Head Coach gets $4500 in Floyd County.

Assistant positions isn't a bad deal. Not a lot of programs give that much, however I have seen where schools give 4-8 assistants 10% of their salary (teaching) or for a paraprofessional 10% of a first year teacher. But I also seen schools who give only 2 paid assistants at 1500 a piece. Coach B, it sounds like you are one of them.

The head coaching pay isn't as impressive. They should at least give 8 to 10 G's to lure in a quality head guy.

What is Morgan County's budget?

It sounds like a bad situation for the kids in West Liberty...What is the story behind these coaches taking the job and leaving before summer practice even starts...I've coached against these kids, and they are hard-nosed players...there's got to be a reason that these coaches are leaving...and I'm certain it's not the kids...