Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan 4 Middlesboro 1

Featured Replies

Harlan's Patrick Ball pitched a gem and got some nice help from Josh Johnson's bat 2/3 2 RBI. Great job Coach Evans getting over 20 wins is a very nice season for any mountain club.

I am sure alot of schools would love to see South and Middlesboro match up in the first round of the regional tourney.

[/quote How long has Evan's been a coach?Hat's off to the Harlan boy's,you guy's showed alot of heart.

  • Author

Coach Evans has been around for a while he started at Evarts then Cawood now at Harlan, this was his first district title, which I found to be a surprise because his teams are always prepared.

When is the 13th region draw?

 

Sunday afternoon. 2pm i think.......

Sunday at 2 at Lone Jack

Congratulations David on a great win....from one "fellow" to another. Hope to see you all at Region.

Don't overlook Harlan in the region. They have two fine pitchers that can beat anybody in the region.

Coach Evans has been around for a while he started at Evarts then Cawood now at Harlan, this was his first district title, which I found to be a surprise because his teams are always prepared.

 

 

He was at Cawood first, from about 1990 to 1997, then at Evarts from 1998 to 2001, then to Harlan.

Harlan may be the most improved team in the region this year.

  • Author

I have been checking around to see if any team from Harlan has ever won 20+ games in a season, if anyone has this info please forward it on. I have not got to see everyone in the region but I agree that the Dragons are very capable of going to the finals and beyond.

I have been checking around to see if any team from Harlan has ever won 20+ games in a season, if anyone has this info please forward it on. I have not got to see everyone in the region but I agree that the Dragons are very capable of going to the finals and beyond.

 

 

I don't know if any Harlan team has won 20 games or not, but I do know in 96 they won the region. The only team from Harlan to do that. Went to the finals in 94 and semis in 95. I remember the 96 team started out really bad and won a bunch of games toward the end of the season. Of course they played many Lexington schools year in and year out while Howard was the coach.

 

Congrats to this years team for probably having the most wins in a season and winning the district tournament.

I think Harlan won the region in the 1960s. Harlan was runner-up to Cumberland in 1988 and Clay County in 1997. I'd be surprised if this is the first 20-win season but it's possible because there weren't many games played in a season until fairly recently.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.