07-08 WYMT Mountain Classic

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/headlines/7385646.html

The participating teams for 2008 WYMT/Whayne Supply Mountain Classic were selected. The Tournament will be played at the Morton Combs Athletic Complex at Knott County Central High School.

13th Region - Clay County, Cumberland, Knox Central

14th Region - Breathitt County, Hazard, *June Buchanan*, Knott Co. Central

15th Region - Pikeville

* - Defending Champion

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/headlines/7385646.html

The participating teams for 2008 WYMT/Whayne Supply Mountain Classic were selected. The Tournament will be played at the Morton Combs Athletic Complex at Knott County Central High School.

13th Region - Clay County, Cumberland, Knox Central

14th Region - Breathitt County, Hazard, *June Buchanan*, Knott Co. Central

15th Region - Pikeville

* - Defending Champion

Thanks

The 8 teams in the WYMT should have been

1. June Buchanan

2. Perry Central

3. Knott Central

4. Hazard

5. Paintsville

6. Pikeville

7. Clay County

8. Cumberland

Is that supposed to be in order?

No, not in any order, just the 8 teams I think should have been in the WYMT

I doubt there are eight teams in the mountains better than Corbin and Shelby Valley.

My predicitions for the tournment is either June Buchanan will win or Cumberland...

They'll probably play in the 1st round.LOL.But yea that's who I think are the top 2 teams in it are.Is the bracket blind draw or what?

I doubt there are eight teams in the mountains better than Corbin and Shelby Valley.

You are likely right. However, the Tourney committee doesn't issue invitations to the Tournament. Schools apply to play. The committee then chooses from the schools who have made appliacation. Generally at least two schools from each region are selected. However, if the committee feels that there are not two quality schools who have applied, they can take more from another region which is apparantly what happened this year.

Corbin did not apply this year, I'm not sure about Shelby Valley.

You are likely right. However, the Tourney committee doesn't issue invitations to the Tournament. Schools apply to play. The committee then chooses from the schools who have made appliacation. Generally at least two schools from each region are selected. However, if the committee feels that there are not two quality schools who have applied, they can take more from another region which is apparantly what happened this year.

Corbin did not apply this year, I'm not sure about Shelby Valley.

That wasn't a criticism of the selection process, just with buzzer beater's attempt to pick eight teams that should have been there.