Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick your 9th Region All Star Team

Featured Replies

Starting Line Up:

 

C - Maile / Cov Cath .473

1B Allen / Highlands .447 (plays there in the summer sometimes)

2B Wagner / Ryle .513

3B Taylor / Conner .507

SS Humphrey / Ryle .385 (for D )

LF Farris / Boone .458

CF Sheehy / Ryle .426

RF Cross / Holy Cross .426

 

DH Rawlings / Highlands & Murray / Ryle

 

Pitchers:

Krohman / Boone

Ryan / Holy Cross

Bleser / Cov Cath

Collins / Ryle

Rawlings / Highlands

 

Also: Reed / Boone ( middle infield back up & Pinch hitting

Popham / Cov Cath ( for D )

Ries / Cov Cath ( for outfield relief )

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody Elliott beechwood pitcher / cf left out wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Author
Cody Elliott beechwood pitcher / cf left out wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

By all means...tend to forget them when their stats aren't in front of you.

Humphrey is a great player, but Mark Reed is playing rings around the other shortstops in the 9th this year. 2 2-run HRs today, 4 RBI, BA of .509 going into this week, and now higher after Boone's win over Campbell Co. today and 2 hits Monday against Conner. DD, no doubt that the Ryle two-some are the best middle IF combination around, but you have to tip your hat to the year Mark is having. Humphrey's defense is outstanding, but you got to give it up to Mark given he is hitting almost .130 higher, making the plays defensively, as well, and hit is 4th and 5th dingers today, both against the hard throwing Travis Hurd.

Starting Line Up:

 

C - Maile / Cov Cath .473

1B Allen / Highlands .447 (plays there in the summer sometimes)

2B Wagner / Ryle .513

3B Taylor / Conner .507

SS Humphrey / Ryle .385 (for D )

LF Farris / Boone .458

CF Sheehy / Ryle .426

RF Cross / Holy Cross .426

 

DH Rawlings / Highlands & Murray / Ryle

 

Pitchers:

Krohman / Boone

Ryan / Holy Cross

Bleser / Cov Cath

Collins / Ryle

Rawlings / Highlands

 

Also: Reed / Boone ( middle infield back up & Pinch hitting

Popham / Cov Cath ( for D )

Ries / Cov Cath ( for outfield relief )

 

DD like your picks but you have got to put Elloitt in as a pitcher/outfielder.

 

While I realize that Pop isn't hitting as well as the Taylor kid from Connor, nobody, and I mean nobody plays the "D" at third like Pop does......The big vacuum at third is a out making machine for the CovCath pitchers and he is usually involved in a score stopping play a game.......He hits and drives home runs well enough that I don't care how well the Taylor kid is hitting I want Pop at third if I am the starting pitcher of this team....

  • Author
DD like your picks but you have got to put Elloitt in as a pitcher/outfielder.

 

While I realize that Pop isn't hitting as well as the Taylor kid from Connor, nobody, and I mean nobody plays the "D" at third like Pop does......The big vacuum at third is a out making machine for the CovCath pitchers and he is usually involved in a score stopping play a game.......He hits and drives home runs well enough that I don't care how well the Taylor kid is hitting I want Pop at third if I am the starting pitcher of this team....

 

I agree, Popham is one of the BEST thrid baseman I have seen, and I've seen a lot. Hard to not play Taylor though. As for Mark Reed, I've only seen him play twice and SS is a much more critical position, so I would have to go with Hump.

I agree, Popham is one of the BEST thrid baseman I have seen, and I've seen a lot. Hard to not play Taylor though. As for Mark Reed, I've only seen him play twice and SS is a much more critical position, so I would have to go with Hump.

Humphrey is a phenomenal fielder, him and Pop wouldn't let anything get through.

...I would figure that Popham might "kick" a few at 3rd? ....sorry,,,couldn't resist! (LOL)

...I would figure that Popham might "kick" a few at 3rd? ....sorry,,,couldn't resist! (LOL)

 

Now that is funny. I'm sure he could kick it farther and straighter than any third baseman in the state. A very fine young man and athlete and all of us wish him well as he attends the Wake. (That sounds bad)

  • Author
Now that is funny. I'm sure he could kick it farther and straighter than any third baseman in the state. A very fine young man and athlete and all of us wish him well as he attends the Wake. (That sounds bad)

 

opps.....might want to drop the "the"

By all means...tend to forget them when their stats aren't in front of you.

 

Do you only read the stats and not read any of the articles/box scores. There is no question, Elliott is one of the top baseball players not only in the 9th region but in the state.

Do you only read the stats and not read any of the articles/box scores. There is no question, Elliott is one of the top baseball players not only in the 9th region but in the state.

 

I think he was getting at the fact that Elliott should be on the team and he slipped his mind, its kinda hard to put the top 9 out there when you are just naming it off the top of your head.

I think he was getting at the fact that Elliott should be on the team and he slipped his mind, its kinda hard to put the top 9 out there when you are just naming it off the top of your head.

 

Maybe so, I will give him the benefit of the doubt but how does one of the top players in your region slip your mind. The comment was made that he did not see his stats so he wasn't going off the top of his head. There have been numerous articles about BHS that always mention Elliott.

  • Author
Maybe so, I will give him the benefit of the doubt but how does one of the top players in your region slip your mind. The comment was made that he did not see his stats so he wasn't going off the top of his head. There have been numerous articles about BHS that always mention Elliott.

 

Calm down....that's exactly what I meant, he slipped my mine. He belongs and he will be selected for sure. Yes, I read the articles and box scores but I don't add up his stats everyday and we haven't played them yet this year

(play them Saturday) so I haven't seen him yet. Last year we didn't have much of a problem with him the three or four he pitched against us but I hear he has really developed into a great pitcher this year.

Calm down....that's exactly what I meant, he slipped my mine. He belongs and he will be selected for sure. Yes, I read the articles and box scores but I don't add up his stats everyday and we haven't played them yet this year

(play them Saturday) so I haven't seen him yet. Last year we didn't have much of a problem with him the three or four he pitched against us but I hear he has really developed into a great pitcher this year.

 

Refresh my memory please. Did Ryle beat BHS last yr, I seriously can't remember?

 

I am calm, everyone else seems to be speaking on your behalf. I take meds. so I am very calm, thank you though!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.