Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rondo named All-Rookie 2nd Team

Featured Replies

  • Author

How many first round picks in the NBA draft? Tied for last place on the second team puts him at somewhere between 10-12th best out of (most likely) 30 players. At most 40. I'm just not sure that you need to strike up the band for that.

 

How about just a "congratulations" for a Kentucky kid from Louisville?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about just a "congratulations" for a Kentucky kid from Louisville?
I'd give a congrats, but no dancing spots. ;)

 

Honestly, I just don't think that much of him, or the his place on the 2nd team, which I think was almost purely a function of Rondo's spot in the lights when the Celtics started their obvious lottery tank job.

How about just a "congratulations" for a Kentucky kid from Louisville?

 

 

:thumb:

 

It's like saying since the Warriors were the last team to get into the playoffs it doesn't really count....

:thumb:

 

It's like saying since the Warriors were the last team to get into the playoffs it doesn't really count....

I always liked the line about analogies from 'As Good As It Gets' but I don't think it's appropriate for BGP.

 

In any case, it's a poor analogy because the playoffs are just the start. Once you qualify, you can do something with it. It's more like finishing 12th in a 40 person race. To which I would say:

 

"Congrats, no dancing spots."

I'd give a congrats, but no dancing spots. ;)

 

Honestly, I just don't think that much of him, or the his place on the 2nd team, which I think was almost purely a function of Rondo's spot in the lights when the Celtics started their obvious lottery tank job.

 

You crack me up talking out of both sides or your mouth. You say you don't care then you blast Rondo at every oppportunity. Try to start an argument without contridicting yourself.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Seriously, you couldn't believe how little I care. Actually, it would be even better if Rondo were the top rook in the league, because then the question would be- why wasn't he doing it in college? Not to mention the fact that he desperately wanted to play for Pitino, and UK only got him because Pitino thought Telfair was a sure thing to come to college. I would add that while Telfair obviously didn't make it to U of L and isn't looking too hot in the NBA, his recruitment and signing really put Rick back in the limelight in NYC. It's paid dividends.

 

How many first round picks in the NBA draft? Tied for last place on the second team puts him at somewhere between 10-12th best out of (most likely) 30 players. At most 40. I'm just not sure that you need to strike up the band for that.

 

I haven't seen anyone striking up the band for it. All I have seen was people saying congrats to Rondo...Now I could be wrong on this, and I just using this as an example for just UL players in general but I dont think Garcia was named 1st team all rookie his rookie year, so I bet if he had finished like Rondo did, then you or someone else who is a UL fan would have started a thread about it and how he made the 2nd team all rookie team. Yet I dont think you would have been bringing up the voting, because it would clearly put him down a little bit...

 

Its one way or the other. I mean you could just admit you are putting him down and that is fine because UK and UL fans do that to each other all the time, but dont go saying you weren't trying to start anything, when you pretty much clearly was...

I haven't seen anyone striking up the band for it. All I have seen was people saying congrats to Rondo...Now I could be wrong on this, and I just using this as an example for just UL players in general but I dont think Garcia was named 1st team all rookie his rookie year, so I bet if he had finished like Rondo did, then you or someone else who is a UL fan would have started a thread about it and how he made the 2nd team all rookie team. Yet I dont think you would have been bringing up the voting, because it would clearly put him down a little bit...

 

Its one way or the other. I mean you could just admit you are putting him down and that is fine because UK and UL fans do that to each other all the time, but dont go saying you weren't trying to start anything, when you pretty much clearly was...

 

:thumb: :thumb:

You crack me up talking out of both sides or your mouth. You say you don't care then you blast Rondo at every oppportunity. Try to start an argument without contridicting yourself.
How many posts do I have on this site?

 

Do you think I passionately care about every thread I comment on?

I haven't seen anyone striking up the band for it. All I have seen was people saying congrats to Rondo...Now I could be wrong on this, and I just using this as an example for just UL players in general but I dont think Garcia was named 1st team all rookie his rookie year, so I bet if he had finished like Rondo did, then you or someone else who is a UL fan would have started a thread about it and how he made the 2nd team all rookie team. Yet I dont think you would have been bringing up the voting, because it would clearly put him down a little bit...

 

Its one way or the other. I mean you could just admit you are putting him down and that is fine because UK and UL fans do that to each other all the time, but dont go saying you weren't trying to start anything, when you pretty much clearly was...

Simmadow'nah.

 

I bet if Garcia had earned a similar 'honor,' UK fans would be all over it. And I personally wouldn't have posted any thread for it with dancing multi-colored spots.

  • Author
Simmadow'nah.

 

I bet if Garcia had earned a similar 'honor,' UK fans would be all over it. And I personally wouldn't have posted any thread for it with dancing multi-colored spots.

 

So basically this yapping comes down to my decision to use :dancingpa ?

Garcia and Rondo Rookie Years

 

Garcia.....................Rondo

67.....Games Played.....78

11..........Starts..........25

19.4.......Minutes/G......23.5

130/325........FG.........188/450

40.0%.........FG%.........41.8%

39/137......3FG...........6/29

28.5%..........3FG%.........20.79%

78/101..........FT..........119/184

77.2%..........FT%..........64.7%

2.8...........RB/G.............3.7

0.6............STL/G............1.64

0.7..........BLK/G............0.1

1.4/1.1.......ASST/TO........3.8/1.76

2.00..........PF............2.32

5.6.........PTS/G.........6.4

 

 

Well, blow me down Mr. Rondo.:rolleyes:

 

Seriously, I doubt that anyone swooned over Cisco's first year. And he was playing behind accomplished veterans on a playoff team- first behind Peja Stojakovic then Ron Artest. What PGs has Rondo played behind? Delonte West and Sebastian Telfair? :scared:

  • Author

^Ok, we get the point. His numbers weren't super, but it's nice to see a kid from Kentucky get an accolade in the NBA, no matter how much you think it doesn't matter.

Well, Rondo averaged more points, rebounds, minutes, steals, assists, minutes per game and started more games. Sounds like his rookie year was the better of the two. Numbers don't lie too often, and I believe they are right on the money here. :thumb:

Well, Rondo averaged more points, rebounds, minutes, steals, assists, minutes per game and started more games. Sounds like his rookie year was the better of the two. Numbers don't lie too often, and I believe they are right on the money here. :thumb:
He only averaged more points (actually, less than A SINGULAR POINT) because he shot more. Garcia averaged more points per shot.

 

And like I said, he played on a bad team with no one of any account ahead of him. Garcia played behind Stojakovic and Artest. So I wouldn't exactly crow about minutes and starts. My little brother had an even chance to start for the Celtics this season.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.