Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th region openings

Featured Replies

Any idea when Greenup, Boyd, or Raceland will name a new coach?

Did not know Boyd was an open position. I may have missed this one.

Did not know Boyd was an open position. I may have missed this one.

I had not heard that either.

I had not heard that either.

I think a few people have "heard" it, I just don't think anyone important has said it.

 

I'm not really sure what the situation is at Boyd right now. I've heard a few different things but as far as I know Pratt is the head coach.

It is getting close to time to reserve summer camp spots.

  • Author

I was told that the position had been posted this week.

Pratt has announced his retirement. Boyd has lost a major asset to the young men who come through that program. He has been a class act in the 16th for many years.

Would Greenup, Boyd, or Raceland consider Lady Viking coach, Troy Thomas, to be a head boys coach at one of these schools. If I understand correctly, he was Lake Kelly's boys assistant coach 4 years when Fleming County went back-to-back state tournament in 1998, 1999 and played in semi-finals of state tournament in 98. I think Coach Thomas was administrative assistant coach at MSU from 2001-2004 and during that time MSU was co-conference champions in 2003 and led the country in field goal % that year and in 2002, they led the country in free throw %. In 2004, I believe he was on staff with Kelly Wells and the Ky/Indiana All-Star team when Chris Lofton played. Of course, these schools may already have someone in consideration. Your thoughts????

Zornes will be at Boyd.....100% sure of this......mark it down.

 

That would be interesting. He did a great job in his first tour of duty as coach. This region needs some fire. I would like the old Zornes and Breeden rivalry of mid 90's. Maybe Boyd could schedule Owensboro if Zornes does come back to Boyd. Seriously though would be a no brainer if he applies.

5 interviews conducted today for Greenup County basketball job.

During interview #4 papers were served from Hicks and a judge that was notorized to freeze the hiring process.

interviews were completed but no coach will be hired until this is reviewed.

I heard Coach Hampton will be named coach sometime today, sorry no link, just a good source.

:sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.