Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your college basketball #1 draft choice

Featured Replies

Was it Wilt or Lew when they changed the dunking rule?

 

I thought they banned dunking on Wilt???

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought they banned dunking on Wilt???

It was Lew

Well that helped clear that up?:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slam_dunk

Dunking was banned in the NCAA from 1967 to 1976. Many have attributed this to the dominance of the then-college phenomenon Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (then called Lew Alcindor) upon his entry into the NCAA. Subsequently, the no-dunking rule is sometimes referred to as the "Lew Alcindor Rule". However the greater likelihood is that the dunk was banned because of the likes of Bob Ferguson, who popularized the dunk when he was drafted by the New York Knicks in 1968.[2]

Based on college career alone, I would go with:

 

1.) Lew Alcindor

2.) Pete Maravich

 

The two most dominating college players at their positions.

 

If I was basing my pick on potential, I would go with Magic Johnson. He was young, talented and could play more than one position.

Guard--Oscar Robertson. Most dominating guard ever. AVERAGED a triple double.

 

Big Man- Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabaar). Most dominating big man of his time.

 

Who was the really good big man for I think Houston or N.C State in Alcindor's day? He dominated Alcindor when they met in the NCAA tourney.

Guard--Who was the really good big man for I think Houston or N.C State in Alcindor's day? He dominated Alcindor when they met in the NCAA tourney.

 

 

Was it Hayes? I am drawing a blank.

Kareem, Wilt, or Shaq.. Don't matter which but you have to have the man in the middle.. Gotta have a point guard too but there is/was more good guards than big guys....

Guard--Oscar Robertson. Most dominating guard ever. AVERAGED a triple double.

 

Big Man- Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabaar). Most dominating big man of his time.

 

Who was the really good big man for I think Houston or N.C State in Alcindor's day? He dominated Alcindor when they met in the NCAA tourney.

Elvin Hayes

Elvin Hayes

 

 

:thumb: I got the last name but could not think of the 1st name.

I think I would go with either Lou Alcindor or Bill Walton. Both were very dominating. After that I would go with either Magic Johnson or Larry Bird. Bird had nothing around him and went undefeated until the championship game. And if Magic stayed longer he would have won another championship IMO.

A few more names to throw out.

 

Larry Bird

Magic Johnson

David Thompson

 

But Maravich would have to be my #1

 

 

Sorry LMB must of been thinking when you were typing...lol

I thought they banned dunking on Wilt???

 

I'm not sure many people could dunk on Wilt. :p

Dan Issel -University of Kentucky

Dan Issel -University of Kentucky

 

He averaged over 30 points a game his senior year. He also had a very good pro career. I would definitly put him up there with Maravich, Thompson, Larry Bird, and Mashburn as some of the best players who did not win a championship.

How about a lineup?:

 

C - Lew Alcindor

F - Larry Bird

F - Oscar Robertson

G - Pete Maravich

G - Magic Johnson

 

6th - Bill Russell

7th - Bill Walton

8th - David Thompson

9th - Christian Laettner (sorry)

10th - Jerry Lucas

 

Coach - John Wooden; Assistant Coach - Adolph Rupp

 

Beat that team!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.