Volleyball Region Predicitons

lp1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
SHDHS will have a nice team this season, but will struggle to replace Neimer. Transfer from MND (Doerr) will help.

I would also consider ND pre-season favorite in the 9th.

Refresh my memory on how the regions are set up for v-ball. Is NKY made up of 2 regions?

Morgan Co. returns nearly entire roster from last seasons 16th regional runner up team.

Morgan Co. will be very tough in the 16th. It seems as though all teams in the 16th, return 3 or more starters from last season. Coach Adkins at Russell will have his team being very powerful with Gill, and Ashland returns 4 starters as well. East Carter returns 5 starters and Boyd Co. returns all six. Rose Hill returns a handful as well. I have been told that the 16th is as tough as it has been in a while. Raceland returns 3 starters plus the libero. Fairview returns 5 starters as well. The 6 teams in last years region all return alot of key players. Russell,Rowan Co., Raceland, Ashland, Morgan Co., Lawrence Co. moves to the 15th, and Bath Co. with a new team moves to the 16th. Morgan Co. with Eagle and co should be the favorite, but East will be very good and so will Rowan Co., The 59th district Greenup Co. returns 4 starters and has a new coach. It will be a very competitive region top to bottom. Russell and Raceland will have to have some role players off last seasons team to really step up. Gill for Russell is really good the loss of Adkins and Okoro will be big,Raceland with the loss of Kylie Fannin, Jamie Fannin, and Natasha Massie, look for big seasons from Jesse Clark, Chelsea Loperfido, Kyra Bonzo, Paige Vanhoose, and Kala Blevins for Raceland, Greenup Co. returns the Loan sisters and now Lewis Co. in the district who knows this will be a very good district. The 60th district is probably the best with Rose Hill, Ashland, Boyd Co., and Fairview all could be in the top 5 of the region. East, Morgan, and Rowan is an excellent district as well. West Carter had some big improvements as well. It is anyone's region but Morgan Co. is my early favorite. Mogan Co. knocked out Raceland and Ashland last season to advance to the finals in 2 close matches. I believe the Cougars, and Boyd Co. are the only team to return all 6 starters. These teams will be very good.

• 2 weeks later...
SHDHS will have a nice team this season, but will struggle to replace Neimer.

Similar to the way they struggled last year to replace 6 graduating seniors from the previous years state runner-up team. :irked:

If that is struggling, I hope they struggle the same way this year... :lol: :lol:

Similar to the way they struggled last year to replace 6 graduating seniors from the previous years state runner-up team. :irked:

If that is struggling, I hope they struggle the same way this year... :lol: :lol:

As stated... SHDHS will have a nice team this year but lack a stud like they had in Neimer. I imagine they will still dominate all but a few NKY teams but may lack the success against the Cincy teams that they have enjoyed the past two seasons. I hope the 9th region has a representative in the state final again next year, whether it be SHDHS or Notre Dame.

So no, I expect the "struggle" to be different than last year's struggle to State Runner Up.