Kentucky X'Treme 15U AAU Champs!

Congratulations to the Kentucky X'Treme ladies 15U basketball team for winning the Deep South Tournament played at North Carolina Univ., and North Carolina State Univ. They went 5-0 on the weekend, they won in the championship game 61-51 over 2 time AAU National Champions Indiana's Finest Blackcats. Who they tout have the best sophomore player in the country in Kelly Farris, and if she isn't, I would like to see who is. Team X'Treme played as their name, as a team, and when 10 ladies who can flat out play, defend and pass because they want their teamates to be successful as well, it is a beautiful thing to watch as a basketball purist. Who is saying that Kentucky Ladies basketball talent is down compared to other states, those people need to come and watch these girls play. :thumb:

http://www.kyxtreme.com/

Isn’t it ok to congratulate these ladies for this accomplishment? Nine of the ten girls on this team play high school basketball in Ky. There were lots of teams from Kentucky at this exposure tournament.

This is what they do in the summer. They all play great basketball, and we should recognize all of their accomplishments. The state of Ky. has great basketball players! Let’s help them get as much recognition as possible.

Who is on the team and which schools do they go to?

Kentucky

#15 Judy Albanese – Notre Dame

#11 Allison Long – Conner

#23 Courney Clifton – Lexington Christian

#52 Clara Mitchell – Lexington Christian

#10 Kayla Smith – Simon Kenton

#21 Chelsea Tolliver – Simon Kenton

#22 Devin Fothergill – Southwestern

#44 Ashley Fowler – Southwestern

#12 Stephanie Salyers – Southwestern

Ohio

#20 Katie Comello – Colerain, Ohio

MrCoachKline, thank you very much for your kind words to a great group of young ladies! They are very special in the way they play so unselfish. I have seen a lot of bball and the way these girls play together is unique.

3 pt.- I don't know how well you know the aau rules but unless its an aau tournament your not supposed to post on the aau site. This was a college exposure tournament not even aau related. These girls went representing your wonderful state. I have already recieved numerous e-mails from colleges from this tournament and one of the top 5 D1 schools in the country said " its nice to see girls basketball is alive in Ky" . This group of girls take pride in representing Ky. , before the games they always say lets show them what Ky basketball is all about. They do deserve some recognition and this is one of the places for it. This board is for Ky basketball players not just high school teams.

Wltg, I will pass along your congrats to KC. She took a hard elbow to the mouth in the championship game and only played about 2 minutes. I know you will appreciate this we were down to the Finest 26-16 at half and finished 61-49. We missed our first 10 shots to start the game. They will have some new kids by nationals but the 2 new girls they had were pretty good.

Give me a break. I was assoc w/AAU for 6 yrs. We went to the D1 nationals every yr finishing at worse 20th and winning the whole thing last yr. So, no I do not have a problem w/AAU. It is the reason high school girls bball is so good, IMO. It is usually easy to pick out the kids who have played AAU and the ones who haven't ever played.

I know all the rules inside and out, FYI, I wasn't referring to posting this on the AAU girls website. BGP has an AAU thread.