Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lewis Morris-Bell County's new basketball coach

Featured Replies

Bell County's new coach is Lewis Morris. This is not a surprise. Its been expected from day 1 after Whitaker resigned. He is well liked in Bell County and I believe he is an upgrade, but only time will tell.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell County's new coach is Lewis Morris. This is not a surprise. Its been expected from day 1 after Whitaker resigned. He is well liked in Bell County and I believe he is an upgrade, but only time will tell.

 

 

No offense to Coach Morris, but what was the major issues with Coach Whitaker? Other than not being able to win the region at Bell ( see J.D. Strange, Coach Webb and anyone not named Harold Combs). I thought Coach W did a good solid job.

 

Best of Luck to Coach Morris, maybe he can make the Bobcat fans happy.

Where was Coach Morris at before?

  • Author
No offense to Coach Morris, but what was the major issues with Coach Whitaker? Other than not being able to win the region at Bell ( see J.D. Strange, Coach Webb and anyone not named Harold Combs). I thought Coach W did a good solid job.

 

Best of Luck to Coach Morris, maybe he can make the Bobcat fans happy.

 

Coach Whitaker is a pretty good coach, but Bell has had so much talent and had not gotten the team over the hump.

Not only that, but Coach Whitaker isnt very personable and the experience of playing basketball wasnt as positive as it should have been at Bell. Also there has not been much excitement surrounding the program in a while.

Hazard, then Franklin County, then Union,Tn, then Bell, then Hazard again and now Bell again.....I may have left someplace off the list...if so forgive me.

Coach Whitaker is a pretty good coach, but Bell has had so much talent and had not gotten the team over the hump.

Not only that, but Coach Whitaker isnt very personable and the experience of playing basketball wasnt as positive as it should have been at Bell. Also there has not been much excitement surrounding the program in a while.

 

 

Have I missed something or is Morris more personable?

Bell has not won the region since 1980. It does not look good for them in the next three years or so with all the competition they must defeat....Pineville the best team in Bell County next season IMO.

Are Day and Strange Sophmores? If so Pineville will be the best team in Bell County the next 2 years.

Have I missed something or is Morris more personable?

Bell has not won the region since 1980. It does not look good for them in the next three years or so with all the competition they must defeat....Pineville the best team in Bell County next season IMO.

 

They don't seem to have a lot of offensive weapons returning next year if Josh Whitaker does not play.

Looks like Warren #30 and #2 Zachary will be carrying the load For the Cats.....

 

Nomorenoless......Day is a senior and Strange a Junior next year.

  • Author

Bell County still has a lot of talent. I think they will be very competitive in the next few years.

I agree, but is competitive good enough for the fans, and is competitive better than what Coach Whitaker has done in his tenure? I am an outsider looking in here, but I think the best you can hope for is a regional semi- final appearance, which was not good enough for most folks in Bobcat land it appears.

I agree, but is competitive good enough for the fans, and is competitive better than what Coach Whitaker has done in his tenure? I am an outsider looking in here, but I think the best you can hope for is a regional semi- final appearance, which was not good enough for most folks in Bobcat land it appears.

 

Anything short of a regional championship over the next 4-5 years would appear to have Bell searching for a new coach again. Harmony should be better between the major sports at Bell anyway.

Have I missed something or is Morris more personable?

Bell has not won the region since 1980. It does not look good for them in the next three years or so with all the competition they must defeat....Pineville the best team in Bell County next season IMO.

Real nice guy. Knows Basketball, and his teams play hard, but personable is not his best attribute.
  • Author
Anything short of a regional championship over the next 4-5 years would appear to have Bell searching for a new coach again. Harmony should be better between the major sports at Bell anyway.

 

It will be now. There is no reason why it should not be. Coach Hilton is all for the basketball team being very successful. And Coach Morris, I believe will feel the same way about football. The future looks bright.

Why has Morris bounced around so much? The guy seems like a decent coach at the very least, but he's been hopping all over eastern Kentucky and east Tennessee the last few years. Hazard twice?

 

What's the deal?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.