2007 Herbstreit schedule announced

Getting back from the games in time for the fireworks may not be a problem if they start the first game around noon. Traffic won't be a real problem as it was at PBS.

My understanding is that Highlands game will start about 7, which will make attending the fireworks tough to do. As for getting home after the game, I'm sure most Highlands folks will head out of Clifton to the east and cross the Ohio up river on the I 275 bridge, thus avoiding downtown.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the organizers have no clue what they are doing! I am sure Highlands will bring their crowd, but I don't think the average fan and kids from other schools will be there.

Can't say how the other schools will dom but TM will bring a great crowd for this game.

My understanding is that Highlands game will start about 7, which will make attending the fireworks tough to do. As for getting home after the game, I'm sure most Highlands folks will head out of Clifton to the east and cross the Ohio up river on the I 275 bridge, thus avoiding downtown.

Will the 471 bridge be shut down?

I don't think they usually shut that down until right before the fireworks.

I think that's right BF, but what time will the fireworks start? Isn't it generally around 9:30 or so? If my understanding is correct and the Highlands game begins at 7, by the time people get to their cars and head for home, that may bring them downtown just about 9:15 to 9:30 depending on the amount of passing going on in the Highlands-TM game (and from what I know about TM, I expect lots and lots of passing), just in time for them to close the 471 bridge. I'll go upriver as discussed above and play it safe. Personally, I'd rather watch the fireworks on TV or from a home overlooking the river in Ft. T than wade into that mess, but obviously 500,000 or so people look at it differently than I do.

I think that's right BF, but what time will the fireworks start? Isn't it generally around 9:30 or so?

They start at 9pm. I know I-71/75 remains open, not sure about I-471, if it was open I would avoid it, too dangerous with cars slowing down or stopping all together on the bridge.

Can't say how the other schools will dom but TM will bring a great crowd for this game.

I am not sure about TM and what type of crowd they will bring, all I know is Highlands will bring theirs. But you won't get many average fans from this area that has no ties to the schools to come, or stay after the Colerain game. Events like this you need fans from outside of the schools to come as well.

I will most likely be there on Saturday for 3 games of the GCL Vs the USA challenge part of the event, hoping the Colerain game is on TV, but MAY be able to go depending on the time of the game.

I am not sure about TM and what type of crowd they will bring, all I know is Highlands will bring theirs. But you won't get many average fans from this area that has no ties to the schools to come, or stay after the Colerain game. Events like this you need fans from outside of the schools to come as well.

Actually I expect most of the Northmont crowd to stay since TM and Northmont are Rivals. And the league championship will come down to those two teams most likely. It would be like if Cov Cath played early, I am sure you guys would show up early and they would stay after.

Having the Colerain Hoover game in the middle will be good because seeing Hoover, with their exposure from MTV.