Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

08' 5 star high on UK

Featured Replies

Great news! Ive really been impressed with the way BillyG has been recruiting since hes been at UK. Here's a clip from an article on rivals today about Willie Warren, 5 star in the 08 class:

 

"My mom and I decided to open my recruitment back up," Warren said. "As soon as schools found out that I was back open I got a whole bunch of phone calls from a bunch of different schools."

 

But one school is really pushing Warren hard. It shouldn't come as a surprise as this coach has been pursuing him extremely hard even if it was at a former address just a week ago.

 

"I just got off the phone with coach (Billy) Gillispie, and he's making it even tougher on my decision," Warren said. "We've opened back up so we don't really have a list, but it's hard to turn down Kentucky, Kansas and Texas right now."

 

Gillispie has made one thing clear since taking over in Lexington: He wants Warren to headline his class of 2008.

 

"He wants me bad," Warren said. "He just went through all the All-Americans that they've had, how much they fill the arena and tomorrow I'm going to be on the ESPN Kentucky radio station. They're coming strong right now."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=662880

Had he committed alread? If so where?

Had he committed alread? If so where?

 

No he had not previously commited anywhere...

 

He was favoring Arkansas and Texas A&M before the coaching changes...

You go Billy!

UK, Kansas & Texas... Are these the leaders?

Is it just me or does this kid kind of resemble a young Mashburn? I am talking facial similarity here....havent seen him play so cant speculate on his talent vs Mash.

Is it just me or does this kid kind of resemble a young Mashburn? I am talking facial similarity here....havent seen him play so cant speculate on his talent vs Mash.

 

 

Nope, it's not you. He looks a lot like Jamal Mashburn.

WILLIEWARREN1_22150.jpg

Nope, it's not you. He looks a lot like Jamal Mashburn.

I only hope that he plays like Mashburn!!!!:jump:

Imagine if you're a recruit and Billy D is sitting in your living room saying "Think about all the All-Americans Kentucky has produced. Tayshaun, Bogans, Ron Mercer, Jamal Mashburn, etc. I want you ___________ to be the first All-American I coach at UK."

 

How would you say no to that?!

I would say..

 

"Wow, Billy D... I thought Billy Gillispie was the coach at Kentucky. Why are you recruiting me to Kentucky?"

I would say..

 

"Wow, Billy D... I thought Billy Gillispie was the coach at Kentucky. Why are you recruiting me to Kentucky?"

 

:laugh:

Imagine if you're a recruit and Billy D is sitting in your living room saying "Think about all the All-Americans Kentucky has produced. Tayshaun, Bogans, Ron Mercer, Jamal Mashburn, etc. I want you ___________ to be the first All-American I coach at UK."

 

How would you say no to that?!

 

 

 

Well I would probably say, but Billy D. you coach at FLorida. Why do you want me to go to Kentucky? :lol: :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.