Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County

Featured Replies

I just heard that Coach Robinson has gotten this job. Congratulations Coach!!

 

Great news! How confident are you about this? 100%?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY!!

 

That means you heard from the new coach himself or the AD? ;)

Robinson brings a lot of energy to the program...as described, he is a lot of fun to watch coach. Very animated! A lot of coaching experience.

That means you heard from the new coach himself or the AD? ;)

Robinson brings a lot of energy to the program...as described, he is a lot of fun to watch coach. Very animated! A lot of coaching experience.

 

Is this Coach R's first head coaching gig?

I just heard that Coach Robinson has gotten this job. Congratulations Coach!!

 

I also heard he was the 2nd option. Due to teaching positions he was 2nd behind the lady from Beechwood. I heard the athletic/assistant principal tried to bring her in - he started his teaching career at Beechwood.

That is not tue, Mr. Robinson was the first choice, I believe they did offer a assistants positon to one of the applicants. Mr. Rob will do a good job and your accussation of the asst. principal wanting to bring in someone else is not true. Good luck ot the lady braves next season. I hope that the new coach puts the time in with developing the great girls he has got coming back into a much better team then this year very talented team.

I would almost bet the new coach has ties to W'town, Pendleton or Beechwood.

 

 

Well after reading the post after this one I know where you were going with this one, but I guess you were wrong ? Thank goodness because from what I have heard the coach from Beechwood may be too old to bring the fire that Grant County needs to push to the next level.

  • Author

Good Luck to Coach Robinson, we look forward to playing you all this year..It will be interesting!

Ive just gotten to know coach R. for a short time as an Asst. at G.C. Seems to be a great guy, is this his first head coaching job?

Ive just gotten to know coach R. for a short time as an Asst. at G.C. Seems to be a great guy, is this his first head coaching job?

 

First in girls V basketball...several years ago he was coaching in boys basketball at GC (not head coach). I don't know what happened in the past, so I don't want to speculate as to his reasons for leaving the boys program back then. He is the current head coach for boys golf.

As my daughter came up through the middle school, coach Robinson was in attendance for many, many games. He was also at the HS games prior to taking the freshman girls position this past season. My daughter works with a boys player from Grant Cty (who played several yrs ago) on an individual basis to improve her game. Allen speaks very, very highly of coach Robinson & has told my daughter that having him become head coach would be great for her and the team. He told her that coach brings an intensity to the game that can be highly motivating. Watching Lance this past season at practice & games, he is constantly teaching. As players go on & off the court, he always was talking & pointing things out, both positive & negative. It would also always end with an atta girl & a pat on the back. Love that in a coach.

From one Walton Alum to another - Congrats Lance, and Good Luck.

That is not tue, Mr. Robinson was the first choice, I believe they did offer a assistants positon to one of the applicants. Mr. Rob will do a good job and your accussation of the asst. principal wanting to bring in someone else is not true. Good luck ot the lady braves next season. I hope that the new coach puts the time in with developing the great girls he has got coming back into a much better team then this year very talented team.

 

 

Then who was the 2nd choice?

 

I would not use very talented (unless you are comparing to years past). Playing a patsy schedule does not equal talent.

Then who was the 2nd choice?

 

I would not use very talented (unless you are comparing to years past). Playing a patsy schedule does not equal talent.

 

Last time I checked Carroll Co wasn't so bad....or Walton-Verona...Simon Kenton doesn't count either I guess. I think saying that is insulting to the girls that played there the last several seasons & got to the point they are now. Take a look at Ludlow's schedule. I don't think Ludlow would take kindly to anyone saying they played a "patsy" schedule either. Would you say Ashley Daughtery & cast are not talented because of their schedule?

Last time I checked Carroll Co wasn't so bad....or Walton-Verona...Simon Kenton doesn't count either I guess. I think saying that is insulting to the girls that played there the last several seasons & got to the point they are now. Take a look at Ludlow's schedule. I don't think Ludlow would take kindly to anyone saying they played a "patsy" schedule either. Would you say Ashley Daughtery & cast are not talented because of their schedule?

 

Who did they beat that was not a Class A school besides Pendleton? Emimence, Augusta, Beechwood, Heritage and losses to Dayton and Trimble - are you serious? Comparing Grant to Ludlow (enrollment 250??).

 

If you total the enrollment of the other 7 schools in there own tourney it would not equal the enrollment of Grant (1100). Start playing the Oldham's, Shelby's, Connor's, Ryle's of the world - schools like Grant and they win 5 or 6 games if they are lucky.

I wonder has Coach Robinson started working with the team yet or planning summer camps?

This could be a real nice job, but I agree strength of schedule definitly needs to be stepped up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.