Grant County

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still posted on KHSAA...heard there are several applicants...interview process begins next week. New coach must be on staff "in the building" so any outside candidate will also need a teaching position available there. Rumour is that there are 7 "very qualified" applicants . A couple are current staff...girls freshman coach, Lance Robinson, is probably one of them, but I haven't spoken to him directly to confirm.

Whoever takes over will have players with a lot of varsity experience already that next season will include 3 seniors & 4 juniors. The 4 juniors to-be all played at the high school as 8th graders on the varsity level. 2 were starters this past season as sophomores. As far as varsity experience, you could say it will be 7 seniors. The new coach has a solid group. Should make for an interesting season.

I remember the Freshman Coach.. he is very colorful and fun to watch. I am sure the girls will get someone good!

Your inside player (name?) and Garnett will really be missed. They were both quality players.

Good Luck in the hunt from all of us in C-Town.

Yeah! we are really proud of her and will miss her! Open gym has already started and the girls are working hard. It is nice to see a hometown girl do well.!

She is playing ball with the girls helping them work on defense/offense.

Word is they are going outside the district.

Makes a lot of sense. Would like to see the new coach in place soon. Seems strange, but my daughter's confidence is down a bit because of the "unknown". It's showing up in her AAU play.

Makes a lot of sense. Would like to see the new coach in place soon. Seems strange, but my daughter's confidence is down a bit because of the "unknown". It's showing up in her AAU play.

Your daughter last night played against my daughter at Sports of All Sorts last night, and she played really well. But, I am sure the unknown of who the next coach is going to be does worry her. But, based on her play last night, I am sure she will be fine.

Don't know what school he is from, but a coach that lives in Williamsburg was in town yesterday checking out the area. Can't see the Williamstown connection as the candidate must be "in the building", so a teacher. Pendleton? Maybe. Previous Beechwood coach? Definite possibility. Have heard a LOT about her recently. All positive: outside candidate, head coaching experience, very knowledgeable & a disciplinarian.

Your daughter last night played against my daughter at Sports of All Sorts last night, and she played really well. But, I am sure the unknown of who the next coach is going to be does worry her. But, based on her play last night, I am sure she will be fine.

Thanks for the encouragement! She ran in after her AAU team practice in Cincy to play last night. She is struggling with her confidence. When that happens it creates hesitation...which causes mistakes...then more confidence problems, then even bigger mistakes. Very hard to overcome. Not only losing her coach, but a hand injury late in the season was a big blow as well...shooting hand. She is fully recovered, her shot is fine, but she hasn't convinced herself that it is...confidence is HUGE in this game.