Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County

Featured Replies

Did they ever hire a new Girls BBall coach..

 

I saw Mr. Richey at the allstar game and I wondered what the status is.?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still posted on KHSAA...heard there are several applicants...interview process begins next week. New coach must be on staff "in the building" so any outside candidate will also need a teaching position available there. Rumour is that there are 7 "very qualified" applicants . A couple are current staff...girls freshman coach, Lance Robinson, is probably one of them, but I haven't spoken to him directly to confirm.

 

Whoever takes over will have players with a lot of varsity experience already that next season will include 3 seniors & 4 juniors. The 4 juniors to-be all played at the high school as 8th graders on the varsity level. 2 were starters this past season as sophomores. As far as varsity experience, you could say it will be 7 seniors. The new coach has a solid group. Should make for an interesting season.

  • Author

I remember the Freshman Coach.. he is very colorful and fun to watch. I am sure the girls will get someone good!

 

Your inside player (name?) and Garnett will really be missed. They were both quality players.

 

Good Luck in the hunt from all of us in C-Town.

Thanks! Coach Robinson can be quite "intense". Inside player was Billiter. I think that Carrollton is going to miss Whitney more!!;)

  • Author

Yeah! we are really proud of her and will miss her! Open gym has already started and the girls are working hard. It is nice to see a hometown girl do well.!

 

She is playing ball with the girls helping them work on defense/offense.

Word is they are going outside the district.

Makes a lot of sense. Would like to see the new coach in place soon. Seems strange, but my daughter's confidence is down a bit because of the "unknown". It's showing up in her AAU play.

I would almost bet the new coach has ties to W'town, Pendleton or Beechwood.

Makes a lot of sense. Would like to see the new coach in place soon. Seems strange, but my daughter's confidence is down a bit because of the "unknown". It's showing up in her AAU play.

Your daughter last night played against my daughter at Sports of All Sorts last night, and she played really well. But, I am sure the unknown of who the next coach is going to be does worry her. But, based on her play last night, I am sure she will be fine.

Don't know what school he is from, but a coach that lives in Williamsburg was in town yesterday checking out the area. Can't see the Williamstown connection as the candidate must be "in the building", so a teacher. Pendleton? Maybe. Previous Beechwood coach? Definite possibility. Have heard a LOT about her recently. All positive: outside candidate, head coaching experience, very knowledgeable & a disciplinarian.

Your daughter last night played against my daughter at Sports of All Sorts last night, and she played really well. But, I am sure the unknown of who the next coach is going to be does worry her. But, based on her play last night, I am sure she will be fine.

 

Thanks for the encouragement! She ran in after her AAU team practice in Cincy to play last night. She is struggling with her confidence. When that happens it creates hesitation...which causes mistakes...then more confidence problems, then even bigger mistakes. Very hard to overcome. Not only losing her coach, but a hand injury late in the season was a big blow as well...shooting hand. She is fully recovered, her shot is fine, but she hasn't convinced herself that it is...confidence is HUGE in this game.

I don't see a move from Williamstown for any coach.

Who would be the Pendleton connection?

Anyone know who interviewed for this position?

I would almost bet the new coach has ties to W'town, Pendleton or Beechwood.

 

 

I am willing to almost bet you.

I just heard that Coach Robinson has gotten this job. Congratulations Coach!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.