April 17, 200719 yr Author Soriano left tonight's game with a hammy injury... Well we arent losing much thus far...
April 17, 200719 yr The Cubs offense really shows up tonight and gets a win and an injury happens. lol Even when things are going GREAT, something bad happens. Being a Cubs fan is A LOT of fun.
April 17, 200719 yr ^^He's supposed to have an MRI today, but is listed as day to day. Ronny Santo said on the radio last night it was good news that it was day to day, because many times hammys put you straight on the 15 day DL. Soriano said he hoped to be back in 5-7. I wonder if they will call up Pie? I doubt it, but it's a possibility.
April 17, 200719 yr Author ^^He's supposed to have an MRI today, but is listed as day to day. Ronny Santo said on the radio last night it was good news that it was day to day, because many times hammys put you straight on the 15 day DL. Soriano said he hoped to be back in 5-7. I wonder if they will call up Pie? I doubt it, but it's a possibility. They should just move Jones over to Center and put Floyd in RT for the time being.
April 17, 200719 yr Pie has been called up to play CF and leadoff! http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070417cubspie,1,327940.story?coll=cs-home-headlines
April 17, 200719 yr I thought the headline of the article said it best: Cubs call up Pie; Soriano feels 'much better' lol Course the Cubs won't bench the 1 billion dollar man, but very funny to me. Will be interesting to see how the kid does.
April 17, 200719 yr He was hitting .444 in 16 games at AAA. Defensively, he is twice the centerfielder as Soriano.
April 17, 200719 yr Pie was nothing to write home about during Spring ballHe hit .352 with four extra base hits and three stolen bases. What were you looking for?
April 17, 200719 yr Author He hit .352 with four extra base hits and three stolen bases. What were you looking for? I think I meant his mexican league
April 17, 200719 yr Hey, Rocket--Pie has played pretty good today! Did you see that throw from center to nail Branyan at home in the 10th? Wow!:scared:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.