Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Pro Players

Featured Replies

How many players did Pitino and Smith each recruit, while at Kentucky, that played or are playing in the NBA?

 

:fight:

Good question.

 

How many kids from the Bluegrass are still in the NBA (not recruited by one or the other)? Allen Houston?? There may be more I am not thinking of.

 

Off the top of my head... Scott Padgett (but I believe he has been released), D. Anderson (although originally went to tOSU)... Who else is there? Kentucky is not exactly a basketball factory.

Dan Langhi was with the Suns very recently, but not sure if he's still active. Also, Greg Buckner was playing, but not sure if he's still active either. Rondo is one as well.

 

As for UK players under Pitino, I know of these for sure, who at least had a stint in the NBA:

 

Jamal Mashburn

Tony Delk

Derek Anderson

Walter McCarty

Antoine Walker

Mark Pope

Ron Mercer

Jeff Sheppard (brief)

Nazr Mohammad

Scott Padgett

Wayne Turner (brief)

Jamaal Magloire

Michael Bradley (Pitino did recruit him, but finished collegiate career @ Nova)

 

Under Tubby:

 

Tayshaun Prince

Keith Bogans

Gerald Fitch (brief)

Erik Daniels (brief)

Chuck Hayes

Rajon Rondo

Randolph Morris

Kelenna Azubuike

 

I may have missed one or two.

Dan Langhi was with the Suns very recently, but not sure if he's still active. Also, Greg Buckner was playing, but not sure if he's still active either. Rondo is one as well.

 

As for UK players under Pitino, I know of these for sure, who at least had a stint in the NBA:

 

Jamal Mashburn

Tony Delk

Derek Anderson

Walter McCarty

Antoine Walker

Mark Pope

Ron Mercer

Jeff Sheppard (brief)

Nazr Mohammad

Scott Padgett

Wayne Turner (brief)

Jamaal Magloire

Michael Bradley (Pitino did recruit him, but finished collegiate career @ Nova)

 

Under Tubby:

 

Tayshaun Prince

Keith Bogans

Gerald Fitch (brief)

Erik Daniels (brief)

Chuck Hayes

Rajon Rondo

Randolph Morris

Kelenna Azubuike

 

I may have missed one or two.

 

 

I cannot believe I forgot about Rondo.

So I guess the answer to the thread is....

 

Rajon Rondo

Derek Anderson

 

That was not too tough :lol:

Under Tubby:

 

Tayshaun Prince

Keith Bogans

Gerald Fitch (brief)

Erik Daniels (brief)

Chuck Hayes

Rajon Rondo

Randolph Morris

Kelenna Azubuike

 

I may have missed one or two.

 

WOW:scared: Tubby had more than I thought! Just think, Bradley and Crawford have a SERIOUS chance at an NBA career. I also think that with time Meeks could have a shot. That would give Tubby 11 guys in 10 years. Meeks will probably leave his junior year so 11 guys in 10 years.

So I guess the answer to the thread is....

 

Rajon Rondo

Derek Anderson

 

That was not too tough :lol:

 

The question was what pro players they had recruited and coached at UK, not what players were originally from the state of Kentucky.:thumb:

Dan Langhi was with the Suns very recently, but not sure if he's still active. Also, Greg Buckner was playing, but not sure if he's still active either. Rondo is one as well.

 

As for UK players under Pitino, I know of these for sure, who at least had a stint in the NBA:

 

Jamal Mashburn

Tony Delk

Derek Anderson

Walter McCarty

Antoine Walker

Mark Pope

Ron Mercer

Jeff Sheppard (brief)

Nazr Mohammad

Scott Padgett

Wayne Turner (brief)

Jamaal Magloire

Michael Bradley (Pitino did recruit him, but finished collegiate career @ Nova)

 

Under Tubby:

 

Tayshaun Prince

Keith Bogans

Gerald Fitch (brief)

Erik Daniels (brief)

Chuck Hayes

Rajon Rondo

Randolph Morris

Kelenna Azubuike

 

I may have missed one or two.

Of all those mentioned the only ones that are not with a team right now are:

Fitch, Daniels, Delk, Pope, Mash, Mercer, Shep, and Turner.

I believe Turner went to play overseas.

Sheppard is in London, Ky. I believe.

Mercer I have no clue on.

Mash is working for ESPN.

Pope I believe decided to retire and go to medical school.

Delk asked to be released from the Hawks and has not caught on with a team this year but has not officially retired.

Daniels was with the Kings almost all of last year after being dominant in the D-League, I would assume he is back in the D-League or overseas.

No clue on Fitch.

 

Also add Rodrick Rhodes to the list of those recruited by Pitino in the NBA as he was with a couple teams for several years. He is coaching somewhere out west now I believe.

Also, Buckner is still in the NBA with the Mavs.

 

Did Buckner play for the Cats?

Also, Buckner is still in the NBA with the Mavs.

 

 

:confused: :confused:

 

Greg Buckner played at Clemson....

:confused: :confused:

 

Greg Buckner played at Clemson....

 

That's what I was thinking...:thumb:

What about Antwain Barbour? I know he was on a tear in the D-League, did he ever make the pros? What about Marquis Estill? And there is still a chance that Shagari gets drafted...

Shagari is projected to be a 2nd round pick, from what I've seen. He still has 1 more season of eligibility at Manhattan.

 

Michael Bradley is currently playing in Europe.

The question was what pro players they had recruited and coached at UK, not what players were originally from the state of Kentucky.:thumb:

I struggle in reading comprehension :irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.