Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scholarship Situation...

Featured Replies

  • Author
It's not just a matter of Morris not completeing school. His attendance hasn't been too hot for the past few weeks, and I don't think we'll see him in Lexington for finals week. He's going to fail some classes, if not all of them.

 

I think everything will be okay. This squad had some of the highest GPA's at the University in sports. I don't think the matter of just Morris leaving will hurt anything.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just a matter of Morris not completeing school. His attendance hasn't been too hot for the past few weeks, and I don't think we'll see him in Lexington for finals week. He's going to fail some classes, if not all of them.

Could also depend on what classes, as far as number of credit hours, and if he had some pass/fail classes. Had to have a minimum of 12 hours, but if 6 of those are easy pass/fail, 3 are an easy B(even without showing up much) and another was an online class, he could get in good standing at the end of the school year.

One thing that could possibly be a worrisome issue is that if Coach G. brings in 3 guys for the remaining scholarships this year, next year they will only have 2 available to give for 08' and none available in 09'. Of course that's assuming no one goes pro early....

I think everything will be okay. This squad had some of the highest GPA's at the University in sports. I don't think the matter of just Morris leaving will hurt anything.

 

Its more wishful thinking. :lol:

They have three.

If Lucas and say a Patterson or McClain jump on, you can carry the other one over into 08.

That would give them three.

I dont want to fill them for the sake of filling them.

 

One thing on Patterson and particularly Florida/Donovan.

The whole UK pursuit of him really opened up the NBA can of worms for him in regards to his stability at UF. He wants to coach in the NBA.

  • Author
While that fits his MO, it won't be the case this year. It's an ugly JUCO class, and there are no good ones left on the board.

 

I don't know about this "ugly" JUCO class...

 

Indiana has the 4th ranked player and 17th

Pittsburgh has the 16th..

And LSU pulls out the 24th and 14th.

 

The #1 player is a 6'8 PF and the 9th ranked player is a 6'10 center, both unsigned.

 

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/110806acm.html

I don't know about this "ugly" JUCO class...

 

Indiana has the 4th ranked player.

Pittsburgh has the 16th..

And LSU pulls out the 24th.

 

The #1 player is a 6'8 PF and the 9th ranked player is a 6'10 center, both unsigned.

 

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/110806acm.html

It's an ugly JUCO class. Period. End of story...

  • Author
It's an ugly JUCO class. Period. End of story...

 

Ugly or not. If Indiana, LSU, and Pittsburgh are getting players, they have to be decent. If Gillispie doesn't get a PF out of the high schoolers, he might be able to land the #1 PF, which just happens to be a junior, I think. In that position, he would have that scholarship back shortly.

Ugly or not. If Indiana, LSU, and Pittsburgh are getting players, they have to be decent. If Gillispie doesn't get a PF out of the high schoolers, he might be able to land the #1 PF, which just happens to be a junior, I think. In that position, he would have that scholarship back shortly.

I'm just giving you fair warning. Getting a JUCO kid this year is going to be a big let down if you expect big minutes and even average results...

  • Author

I don't expect big minutes and especially not big numbers. Kentucky needs someone that can bump around on the inside. Their only "big" big man will be Williams. Carter allowed other plays to push him around.

Their only "big" big man will be Williams.

So you are expecting big minutes...

  • Author
So you are expecting big minutes...

 

No...

 

When I said "big," I am talking about someone with muscle or "fat." Unless Carter really muscles up this offseason, we will have poor paint production. I think out of those JUCO players, they can find someone that will come in and do the exact same thing Thomas did last season, or most likely, more.

 

Look:

 

7' Williams

7'2 Carter

6'9 Stevenson

6'7 Stewart

 

... I'm not trying to down these guys, but they will have a tough time.

No...

 

When I said "big," I am talking about someone with muscle or "fat." Unless Carter really muscles up this offseason, we will have poor paint production. I think out of those JUCO players, they can find someone that will come in and do the exact same thing Thomas did last season, or most likely, more.

 

Look:

 

7' Williams

7'2 Carter

6'9 Stevenson

6'7 Stewart

 

... I'm not trying to down these guys, but they will have a tough time.

And you keep making my point. What you want is some muscle in the paint, and based on what's here that player will be needed for big minutes. And you are looking for a clone of a guy blasted from Bowling Green to Belfry? If so you MIGHT be able to find that in this JUCO class. Good luck...

  • Author

If that's how you want to take it. I'm not expecting him to even play 15-20 minutes a game, but someone will need to back-up Stevenson/Stewart/Carter/Williams every once in a while. But, lets change subjects.

Out of all that list I want Charles Bronson:ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.